Betta channoides

ropate

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Picked up this little dude from another forum member neat me who didn't have time for him nor the ability to keep giving him live food.

He was beautifully colored in the members old posts but when I got him he was completely pale and not well.

He's had Lots of live black worm locally grown here in sydney and clean. He's much less shy now and out and about and his colour has started coming back. Waiting on some females next month from a local importer as they are near impossible to get here.

Question I have is, how do I start getting him converted to betta pellets or the like? He has taken a couple dried black worm but worried that's not enough nutrition. Or do I just stay with live food??
removed removed removed

AshleyBetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could switch him to pellets, but I'd supplement with live foods a few times a week. Beautiful boy by the way ;D

OP
ropate

ropate

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BettaGirl22 said:
You could switch him to pellets, but I'd supplement with live foods a few times a week. Beautiful boy by the way ;D
He is cute isn't he. And lots more personality now. As his little bowl sits on my garden table he now comes out and says hI when I'm there as opposed to hiding

The pellets just sit there and he doesn't touch em for days... Worried they will affect the water in such a small aquarium

AshleyBetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I hate to lecture, but are you planning to keep him in the bowl?

OP
ropate

ropate

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
God no... this is what I collected him in. Figured it's less stress for him at the moment given the bumpy move to my place.

SemI rescued him from a member on another forum who had not fed live food nor maintenance due to time constraints so I went and got him.

He will be going into this tank as soon as I move my breeding rams into my 55 gal.

Mattfinn

Reaction score
Did you say you live in Sydney, me too! I never see anybody from Australia on these forums. He is going to love that tank

Where do you shop for your plants in Sydney pretty much every store I go too sells the same stuff. I have to order through them and then they charge me extra....

OP
ropate

ropate

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mattfinn said:
Did you say you live in Sydney, me too! I never see anybody from Australia on these forums. He is going to love that tank

Where do you shop for your plants in Sydney pretty much every store I go too sells the same stuff. I have to order through them and then they charge me extra....
Hey mate... I do the full drive every few weeks. Particularly while I was setting up my 250L cade. Check my thread.

Done the drive from hitek in the north, out to auburn in the west, majestic in the south.

Best plants from aquaristic. In fact, best everything from aquaristic.

Plants I now order from 2 awesome online stores here in Oz. What about you?

AshleyBetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh good, nice to hear that he will be in such a lovely tank ;D That's gonna be one happy boy!

OP
ropate

ropate

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BettaGirl22 said:
Oh good, nice to hear that he will be in such a lovely tank ;D That's gonna be one happy boy!
A 40 litre tank for him and a female coming in next month I hope.

New Threads