Betta Changed Behavior

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Cody Tremblay, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Cody Tremblay

Cody TremblayNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    Just started
    I got a V-tail betta. He usually swims in my 30 gallon tanks with 3 mickey mouse fish, a few dano, a moontail betta and a few tetra that look like ghosts. They usually are fine with plain tap water, but recently the tap water was pure white so I added some Fresh Start. They started acting weird like they are trying to get air so I move them to my 20 gallon tank that has 5 tiger barbs in it. The other fish returned to normal, but my V-tail betta went into hiding under my filter. Just to be clear I know the 20 gallon is overloaded I'm just waiting for my water to return to normal, so I can place my fish back in the 30 gallon. My V-tail betta usually swims around not caring about anyone in the tank.

2. Momgoose56

Momgoose56Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,529
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

3. wrs2

wrs2Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +712
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    He's in a new tank with aggressive fish like tiger barbs that will likely attack him and nip his tail. I would first see if he is hiding because he is being bothered by the aggressive fish. He is probably very stressed.

4. OP
    OP
    Cody Tremblay

Cody TremblayNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    Just started
    they swimming near the other end or middle. no where close to him & when his tank was good he had 2 other aggressive fish but didnt hide. He usually hangs with a red tail shark which suppose to be aggressive and a halfmoon betta but he acts like he dont care about them. he not even flaring his gills like they threatening him.