Betta Care In Outdoor Tub

Crabsticks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi guys,

Im planning on getting a dumbo betta to keep in my outdoor tub.
I have a water lily tub with water lettuce and wanted to add a fish to it. The tub is around 20 to 25 gallons. It doesnt have a filter as it is outdoors. I do have an air pump.
The weather tends to be warm as I live in Malaysia. So no heater needed I think? I can do weekly water changes.
I have an Otto in it that has been living there for a year..
I have made mistakes before in fish keeping and wanna get it right this time. Any advice?

Crabsticks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bettafishies126 said:
What do you mean by warm? Like 78-82 consistently? Bettas really aren't great with temperature swings so if the water got colder at night that would be a problem.
Im assuming temperature shouldnt be a problem since bettas are from paddy fields in Thailand and Malaysia is right beside Thailand...

Bettafishies126

Valued Member
Reaction score
Crabsticks said:
Im assuming temperature shouldnt be a problem since bettas are from paddy fields in Thailand and Malaysia is right beside Thailand...
I think the patties are for short periods when the river they usually live in dries up, the type of river they live in is miles long and it probably keeps a more consistent temperature than a tub. If they could deal with temperature swings well then a heater in a tank wouldn't be a must when they lived indoors. If the betta was to be kept outside I'd suggest a heater to keep the temperature consistent, set it to the temp the water is when it's warm and then it will only turn on if the water gets cold.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom