Betta Bug

1. s

stashattack Valued Member Member

So today after catching up on Akari's 5 gallon blog, I got bit by the betta bug!!!!!

I went to Petco to only pick up root tabs, but instead I came out of the store a proud new owner of a halfmoon double tail. He's purple and blue in color with a really cool design thing on his tail. I'll post pictures when he settles into his new 2.5g home. :)

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

You're welcome ;D

3. OP
    OP
    s

Haha he is amazing, but a bit stressed at the moment -_- Hopefully it's just because he's not used to all the space. lol I hope to upgrade him to a 5g at some point.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I think the Betta bug has been passed around a few times. I seemed to have caught it a couple months back.

5. OP
    OP
    s

I guess there is no cure or vaccine for it so it'll just keep spreading :p

6. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Do we get pictures??

7. OP
    OP
    s

As soon as he stops stressing. He's lost a bit of his color and has strips at the moment. I want to let him settle down and explore everything before I take pictures. But as soon as he colors back up the camera will be snapping! :)

8. OP
    OP
    s

Here's a pic of the lil guy. I have yet to name him :( He is very shy and really doesn't like the light. He is always hiding under the filter when the light is on -_- This morning he ended up getting stuck in one of the fake plants.... So that will have to be taken out and replaced silly betta.

IMG_0630.jpg

ps sorry for the bad quality, he's really hard to get a picture of.

9. MD Angels

MD Angels Well Known Member Member

The betta bug is highly contagious, and it will take over your entire body mind and soul! lol

I blame Akari for my recent infection. I thought I was done with bettas (ie. had gotten over the bug). But then I saw this perfect little red/white HM dragon scale and well - now I'm up to 8 - 2 females and 6. Several are rescues.

Unfortunately, the only cure seems to be running out of space and money! lol

Congrats on your new betta. They are wonderful little fish!

10. Akari_32

Hi ;D

11. OP
    OP
    s

Hahaha you seem quite pleased with yourself :p

12. Akari_32

Now what would give you that idea? XD

13. OP
    OP
    s

Maybe that giant smile of yours :p

14. Akari_32

I could infect you *more* if you'd like ;D

15. OP
    OP
    s

AHHHH!!! My bank account and lack of fish tanks can't handle. I already feel bad enough that he is in a 2.5g tank.

16. Gordinian

Is he a double tail? He's really pretty!

17. OP
    OP
    s

Yes he is a double tail. When I saw him in the lil cup there was no way I could say no!

18. Gordinian

I know how that feels!

19. OP
    OP
    s

I wanna get a bigger tank for him too, but I also need to buy other things as well for my other hobby too.... Decisions, decisions

20. Gordinian

Fish always win, get the tank ;) lol