Betta Bug Bites Again

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I went to Superpetz to get a new bulb for my 33 gal. and they had the most beautiful betta. He is white and purple with a small patch of teal right before his tail starts. Oh how I want to bring him home. I plan on getting German Gold Rams and I am unsure if they would be OK with a betta. :-\ I really want him though-- I hope he isn't gone when I go back.

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
HI Genie. I googled the German Golden Rams and they are very beautiful fish. Unfortunately they, and all other Cichlids, are not compatable with bettas. I love the Rams beautiful fins, however, they would be a signal to the betta that they are his enemy, and a fight would ensue.

The betta you are looking at sounds beautiful. Since bettas don't mind living alone you might consider getting a new tank, 3 gals or more, to house the betta in. I'm sure that the betta would love to have a warm safe home with you.

CherryRose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
and so another victI'm joins us here in the MTS zone. Sounds like a beautiful Betta, I can understand how he'd make you want to take him home.. I agree with CherryRose.

"There's a 5 gallon hex tank kit at wallyworld for $30 and a 10 gallon tank kit for the same.. those 3 gallon are also nice & probably a little less." he said with a sly grin.

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lol-- my husband is just going to have a fit! ;D

New Threads