Betta Bubble Nests!

1. T'Pol Member Member

I've always been fascinated with my Betta's bubble nests! Just wanted to share a few pics of his creations over the months, and I'm curious if anyone else here has any pictures to share of their Betta's nests? They are really works of art in my opinion!
    (All these photos are edited with beFunky photo editor using the HDR filter).

BubbleNest.jpg BubbleNest2.jpg BubbleNests3.jpg

2. Tyler Fishman Member Member

I just put one of my males into my females tank to breed them, normally it takes him a while to figure out what to do, but usually he'll get it, eventually. Today I caught him making a bubble nest just under 10 mins of adding him, expect pictures!

3. JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

sadly i dont have pics of them since my betta rarely makes them but i do think they are pretty interesting especially if you catch them in the middle of building the nests

4. T'Pol Member Member

That would be awesome to see a Betta make a nest!

5. JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

it is, i catch mine making them every once in awhile ^.^

6. DanielleFish Member Member

My boy made a beautiful bubblenest - more like a bubble mountain - but it was on the day of his water change and I couldn't save it!! :(
    He gave me quite the dirty look as it was siphoned out.

7. mg13 Well Known Member Member

I love my Betta's bubble nests. Sadly, my 'saiah doesn't like to make them as much as my previous couple of Bettas. He did make a big one once, but I had to do a WC and I think he got too mad to ever make one again. XD

8. david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Mine only makes little ones between the plants.

9. T'Pol Member Member

Haha, yes! Gil gets a little salty when I mess up his nests!

10. Tyler Fishman Member Member

It didn’t work out... lol

11. Gar2188 Member Member

I find that my bettas make bubble nests when they're in smaller tanks. I've never seen a bubble nest in the 25 gallon.