Betta Breeding - Yellow Blue Galaxy HMPK Young Pair

philam
I didn’t think I would be breeding another pair this early of the year. I had been looking for a pair to breed this year and I had found them earlier than I wanted. I’ve been conditioning the pair for about 2 weeks now. the male have been blowing a nest everyday and the female is also carrying a lot of eggs now. I decided to attempt and try to make them spawn this coming weekend. I didn’t want to wait until around March/April because I’m super excited for the next spawn lol! The female is from Thailand and the male is from Vietnam. This spawn is going to be “line breeding” so I expect the offsprings to retain the line and possibly a better version of the parents if the spawn were to be successful. And NO, there won’t be another over 500 offsprings this time as I won’t allow it to happen :confused: I will be strictly limiting the number of babies that I’m going to raise this time. It was very strenuous at the same time quite rewarding. Photo of the pair is below

Female

F7173538-375A-4968-A7CA-3979A40662CD.jpeg
Male

9B2BB30D-3BDB-41BF-AA81-E34FF56FF2D6.jpeg
A4A09E53-2656-4C5F-B735-460B9D79814A.jpeg

Advertisement
LouPey
When you say the spawn will be line bred, is that between the siblings?
Just curious, as I've always known line breeding to be done between cousins or or grandparent/child to try minimise the risk of deformities... do you not get a multitude of problems with breeding fish siblings or are they more 'hardy'?

Advertisement
philam
When you say the spawn will be line bred, is that between the siblings?
Just curious, as I've always known line breeding to be done between cousins or or grandparent/child to try minimise the risk of deformities... do you not get a multitude of problems with breeding fish siblings or are they more 'hardy'?
Breeding siblings would be inbreeding and causes health problems which I am oppose to. Line breeding is crossed between two unrelated bettas that’s the same strain.

philam
I have just put the pair in the tank together but the female is still in the cup. I’ll see tomorrow if the male had built a nest by then and if he did, the female will be with him

philam
The male had built a nest yesterday and I released the female to be with him. I checked back in today and he built even a bigger nest! At this point it’s just a waiting game for the male. The female seems to be impressed with his nest and bows down on him but for some reason he thinks he needs a bigger nest lol! He’s not done building it yet and chases her away :confused: smh

update:
It didn’t take them Too long to spawn! The Male was very gentle to the female. She didn’t get bit by him or showing any tail damage. They’re working together very well. The female is scavenging for any eggs that the male may have missed at the bottom and puts them in the nest and even repair the nest! This pair had spawned relatively faster than any of the pair that I had bred in the past. Quite a pair

Attachments

• D100D112-964C-4DED-89B5-C5B5ED7DD09A.jpeg
    D100D112-964C-4DED-89B5-C5B5ED7DD09A.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26
philam
This pair was a success but the male had eaten the eggs. I will be trying out a different male o_O

ree913
This pair was a success but the male had eaten the eggs. I will be trying out a different male o_O
What a shame sorry to hear all that .preparation lost

Similar Aquarium Threads

2 3
Replies
Views
Cameron2585
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
PNWBettas