Betta Breeding Question

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of betta fish and they are breeding successfully until I take out the female betta. It seems the male doesn't have any interest in the eggs and over night the eggs and most of the bubbles are gone. I only take out the female when its obvious the male isn't interested anymore. Any tips or something im missing? It has happened two times. The other pair same thing happened but i still kept female in just incase they increase their bubble nest but nothing so far. Thanks to anyone willing to help but if you keep scrolling happy fish keeping

Salem

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I myself haven't personally bred bettas but I have heard that a lot of first-time dad bettas dont really know what theyre doing and need a few tries. I know my own betta didn't even fully know how to make a bubble nest at first

Reaction score
okay that makes a little sense. So i have another question, since the breeding tank is inside should i keep the light on or shut it off?
Was really confused about that since he probably couldnt see them falling.

CHJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sometimes you get a bad dad.
I had a spectacular crowntail who couldn't care for the nest/babies to save his (their) lives. So a guy at the LFS got a free spendy fish because I lost my patience after 4 runs (not going to try for success again if that will get passed on to the young).
The guy really wanted a crown and couldn't find one locally at any of the 3 dedicated betta shops.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom