Betta Bloated?

1. KyleMarie Member Member

Hey guys!

This is my sweet little girl. I was just wondering if her belly looks a little weird to you guys. I saw her poop a little bit earlier today, but her tummy always seems to be bigger than my other Betta's. I'm just worried that this isn't normal and I don't know if shes sick or not. Shes been swimming fine and she seems hungry because she tries to go after the food when I feed my ADF's, but I was fasting her for the day to see if she was just constipated. It didn't really go down so I just want to make sure she's not bloated so she doesn't get Dropsy.

Also, just for reference, both of these pictures were taken on different days.

rsz_1rsz_dsc_0925.jpg
    This picture was taken first.

rsz_1rsz_dsc_0942.jpg
    This picture was taken just a few minutes ago.

Thank you!

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

She looks normal to me! Probably full of eggs:)

3. KyleMarie Member Member

Thank God!!

Also, just another random question. But, and I don't know the actual language, but the longer fins on her belly area, maybe her pelvic fins, one of them is really short. It doesn't look damaged, it just looks smaller. Like Nemo's fin! She was like that when I bought her so I definitely know its not an injury and it doesn't seem to bother her, but should I be concerned about it?

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Probably not. I've got one or two with a shortened pelvic fin and they get around just fine. They also haven't grown back so either pelvic(aka ventral) fins just don't regrow or it's a genetic thing and they were born like that:)