Betta bloated stomach

kinsey12345

hi! so i went on vacation for 10 days and while i was gone my coworkers fed our betta (Walter). This is his regular feeding schedule:
monday: bloodworms
tuesday: 3-4 pellets
wednesday: 3-4 pellets
thursday: 3-4 pellets
friday: brine shrimp
saturday: 3-4 pellets
sunday: nothing
He seemed to be doing really good with that diet, but when I got back from vacation his tummy is looking much larger. I attached some pictures, but i don’t know if it’s from overfeeding or if it’s a more serious issue? what should i do? he only got pellets while i was gone.
hi! so i went on vacation for 10 days and while i was gone my coworkers fed our betta (Walter). This is his regular feeding schedule:
monday: bloodworms
tuesday: 3-4 pellets
wednesday: 3-4 pellets
thursday: 3-4 pellets
friday: brine shrimp
saturday: 3-4 pellets
sunday: nothing
He seemed to be doing really good with that diet, but when I got back from vacation his tummy is looking much larger. I attached some pictures, but i don’t know if it’s from overfeeding or if it’s a more serious issue? what should i do? he only got pellets while i was gone and i know that at least once my coworkers gave him 5 pellets in a day instead of 3-4 unfortunately.

Attachments

• DA15720C-621D-44FD-8EC8-A403510C1A97.jpeg
    DA15720C-621D-44FD-8EC8-A403510C1A97.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 13
  • FAF51E1C-425C-44D1-95CD-49C865D58B64.jpeg
    FAF51E1C-425C-44D1-95CD-49C865D58B64.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 13

Rose of Sharon

He is bloated. Possibly someone had fun feeding him! :)

I would fast him 2 or 3 days, and see if that helps. If you could add daphnia to his food regimen, that would help as it a acts like a natural laxative.

If he is still bloated after a few days of fasting, you could try an epsom salt bath, but for now, the easiest and safest thing is to try fasting.

Upvote 0

kinsey12345

He is bloated. Possibly someone had fun feeding him! :)

I would fast him 2 or 3 days, and see if that helps. If you could add daphnia to his food regimen, that would help as it a acts like a natural laxative.

If he is still bloated after a few days of fasting, you could try an epsom salt bath, but for now, the easiest and safest thing is to try fasting.
That was my suspicion too! Okay, thank you so much- whew!

Upvote 0

SpottedKit329

Fish can go a week without food, so you should have just not fed him, or taught your coworker how much to feed

Upvote 0

devilson

fast him for a few days and then give him peas

Upvote 0

kinsey12345

Fish can go a week without food, so you should have just not fed him, or taught your coworker how much to feed
My coworkers have been taught how to take care of him, we’ll just have to cut pack on his pellet consumption. But thank you for the helpful advice

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kinsey12345
  • Question
Replies
Views
mimo91088
Replies
Views
SomyaValecha