Betta Bloated.need Advice On The Proper Thomas Labs Product To Use.

• Thread starter TheAlchemist77
  • Start date

TheAlchemist77

I have two female betta fish that got shipped from Thailand during flash floods here in Colorado.They ate their poop in transit and got severely bloated.I have tried fasting and tried peas.No dice.They both are receptive to Daphnia.Neither are anywhere close to the color they are supposed to be.I just tried apI fin and body cure packets and it does not seem to have worked.I also wanted to note that all of the fish I got in this shipment(7 all together) are super active and always eating, including the 2 bloated ones.The farm is very reputable so I know they were shipped healthy.I read Thomas Labs is a good option but all of the product description seem similar so I was wondering if anyone knew which item I should get or a non Thomas Lab product.I just want my girls to poop.Please help.

Salem

Well Known
How long have you had them? How long did you try fasting them? Did you give the pea after fasting? Do you have pictures?

TheAlchemist77

Salem said:
How long have you had them? How long did you try fasting them? Did you give the pea after fasting? Do you have pictures?
Worked a 12 hour day so I finally have time to respond.I have had them exactly a month.I fed them a small amount of flakes when I got them.Fasted for 7 days.Neither accepted pea, but are very active.At first I thought they were egg bound, but neither are the colors they are supposed to be.Seller guarantees they will be fine, but he does not understand how sick they got from eating their poo in transit.

Attachments

Salem

Well Known
The one in the first almost looks like it has popeye. There is definitely something wrong. To be clear are they still pooping?
Gonna tag some people I know are knowledgeable about either diseases or bettas;
A201
86 ssinit
jmaldo
Repolie
Fanatic
chromedome52
Demeter

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Sorry I’m not a betta keeper or very good with diseases. Wish I could help.

TheAlchemist77

Salem said:
The one in the first almost looks like it has popeye. There is definitely something wrong. To be clear are they still pooping?
Gonna tag some people I know are knowledgeable about either diseases or bettas;
I cannot tell if they are or not.

TheAlchemist77 said:
I cannot tell if they are or not.
And thanks.

Salem

Well Known
You could try epsom salt baths to try to bring down the bloat. I'd also qt them and look into treating at least the one with bulging eyes with kanaplex

Top Bottom