betta behaviour

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by tejas, Jul 19, 2015.

1. tejasValued MemberMember

Hi guys, a relative of mine passed away so I had to attwnd the funeral and I last fed my betta on 15 july and I returned on 18 july so for 3 odays he had no food and was in darkness other than day light bt when I returned I noticed his behaviour was different he's sitting at the bottom and I took a straw n touched him and he never react also wen I put a mirror by him to flare he just sped away normally he'll go and flare and wont stop untill I remove the mirror does any one knw y he's behaving like that also I added a slate like bridge on 14 july which I made myself with marine silicone n slate I dnt knw if that might be the change in his behaviour bt under the bridge is his favourite place ,

2. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

What tank size is he in and what are water parameters? He may be suffering from toxic water conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Agree with the above. He should've been fine going that long without food, so I doubt that's the problem.

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your relative, by the way. I know that's hard. :'( :console: :;hug2

4. OP
    OP
    t

tejasValued MemberMember

Thanks, he is in a 5gallon and I dnt knw his water parameters

Sent from my D2533 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. BornThisWayBettas

I'd recommend getting an API Freshwater Master Test Kit for testing the water parameters. :) Fish stores will also often test your water for you, but they might use the inaccurate strips.

6. Witchydesign

WitchydesignWell Known MemberMember

Jenks did that to me when i was away at christmas. took him three days to stop sulking. thats the best way i could desrcibe it. he missed his mama.

Id say do a water change and make sure his heater is working correctly. Check your parameters while your at it

7. BornThisWayBettas

Witchydesign might be right on this, too. Bettas have such big personalities that they can sometimes also have attitudes, IME lol.

8. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_Well Known MemberMember

I agree with the above. Going a few days without food is not a problem at all, they can go easily for more than a week without food without any health problems. Sulking is an entirely different matter.

9. Witchydesign

WitchydesignWell Known MemberMember

Bribery tends to work. Frozen bloodworms worked for me

10. OP
    OP
    t

tejasValued MemberMember

I think I might try the blood worms, I knw every one recommends API master test kit bt wat if where I live the pet stores dnt keep it wat kit will yurl recommend.

11. BornThisWayBettas

12. OP
    OP
    t

tejasValued MemberMember

Guys he's back to normal now I think he was just a spooked out

13. BornThisWayBettas

That's great! :D

14. FishtailBraidValued MemberMember

^Yep. It's like AUD$50 in stores here and I got it online (the genuine API product from an Australian seller, not even from overseas) for AUD$35.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice