Betta Behavior Confuses Me Pt. 400001

gabyjaspan

HI guys! Back again with another question about betta behavior! I love playing with my little good boi and he’s very smart and follows commands! But whenever I’m in the room, he’s always trying to swim through the glass as hard as he can to get to me. When I put my hand near, he flares at it. I wonder if it’s his way of defending his territory or if he hates me or if he recognizes me and wants to greet me? He follows my every move and “attacks” my finger whenever I interact with him. He’ll jump to try and bite whatever food he thinks is on it, that’s one of his tricks! Do your bettas do anything like this? I wonder what his motive is

GreekGills

Mine does the same thing! I think he's just an energetic little guy and loves seeing his owner. I think of it like my dog jumping on me when I get home from work, like she hasn't seen me in a week

Rylan

HI guys! Back again with another question about betta behavior! I love playing with my little good boi and he’s very smart and follows commands! But whenever I’m in the room, he’s always trying to swim through the glass as hard as he can to get to me. When I put my hand near, he flares at it. I wonder if it’s his way of defending his territory or if he hates me or if he recognizes me and wants to greet me? He follows my every move and “attacks” my finger whenever I interact with him. He’ll jump to try and bite whatever food he thinks is on it, that’s one of his tricks! Do your bettas do anything like this? I wonder what his motive is
Same here. Sometimes I actually try to stay of his line of sight so I can observe his normal activities. Otherwise I think he watches me as much as I do him, patrolling the front glass if I’m nearby. Mine doesn’t flare at me but he does seem territorial of his floating log in particular as he nips at my fingers and attack’s my hands if I move it during water changes. Feeding time he pretty much wags his tail like a dog. Ha! I think it half being territorial and half interest in the creature who feeds them and replenishes the water.

gabyjaspan

I love that he isn’t the only one that does it that’s adorable! Bettas are so smart it’s crazy! And that’s how I would describe it to friends! A tiny dog coming up to you when you got home! I wonder if there’s a scientific study someone has done to figure out if they can love their owners or if they hate them?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
gabyjaspan
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
  • Question
Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies