Betta Behavior After Transfer To New Tank 2 Hrs Ago

AudreyW

Reaction score
I just moved my betta from unfiltered 2g to cycled filtered heated 5g. The only variations between the tanks are pH 6.8 in 2g and 6.6 in new aquarium; temperature 75 vs 77; and nitrates 0 vs 5-10, respectively. I acclimated him to temp and water conditions over the course of an hour. Since I put him in the 5g, however, he's appeared very stressed, with swimming back and forth on the back side of the tank (occasional resting) and rapid breathing.

When I changed water in the 2g before, he would breath rapidly for a while too, but I figured he would be calmed down by this point (almost 2 hours later). Should I be concerned? Does he just need more time to calm down?

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, it will lower the PH, but it is proven to make the betta stress free because it's like their natural habitat.

Look into it for more info

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well, what are the parameters, and did you cycle the tank? I haven’t ever had a stressed betta after a movement to a bigger tank, but he could be freaked out.

Is there anything for him to hide in?

AudreyW

Reaction score
Fanatic said:
Well, what are the parameters, and did you cycle the tank? I haven’t ever had a stressed betta after a movement to a bigger tank, but he could be freaked out.

Is there anything for him to hide in?
Yes, it's cycled, and parameters are within safe limits.
IMG_8671.jpg

AudreyW

Reaction score
Should I maybe add more greenery/live plants? I'm new to fishkeeping and I am just nervous about making changes to the water composition

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom