Betta Barracks Design?

Bellesfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi there quick question,
Could anyone explain to me how these work with regards to filtration and overflowing water etc. Sorry if it’s obvious I’m not very good at this sort of thing
EB925119-A845-4AD4-9322-34D1C8049671.png

I think the one I am buying is identical to this and may even be the same aqua one system

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There's usually a sump at the bottom, the dirty water overflows through the small white holes you see at the back of the tanks, travels down to the sump, is filtered and heated and then returned back to the tanks through the white nozzles you see at the top.

Bellesfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
There's usually a sump at the bottom, the dirty water overflows through the small white holes you see at the back of the tanks, travels down to the sump, is filtered and heated and then returned back to the tanks through the white nozzles you see at the top.
Ah Thankyou so much! I wondered how the water left the tank and went into the filtration system, that makes sense now. So is the whole system running all he time? The water coming from the taps at the same rate as it leaves through the hole? And the waterlevel is never more than the level of the hole? Thankyou for the help

do you breed bettas?
No show

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ah Thankyou so much! I wondered how the water left the tank and went into the filtration system, that makes sense now. So is the whole system running all he time? The water coming from the taps at the same rate as it leaves through the hole? And the waterlevel is never more than the level of the hole? Thankyou for the help

No show
Yep, the water that overflows is replaced right away. You'll have to stay on top of your water changes though, since they're open top and water will evaporate.

Bellesfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yep, the water that overflows is replaced right away. You'll have to stay on top of your water changes though, since they're open top and water will evaporate.
Ah okay and yes I will keep on top of water anyway but am planning on small acrylic lids with holes for the tap water to come through just to prevent jumping dyou what rate the water comes through and leaves? Is it drip rate or at steady flow, just wondering as for the heat I would expect the water to cool down if the hot water just comes through in drops thankyou so much

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ah okay and yes I will keep on top of water anyway but am planning on small acrylic lids with holes for the tap water to come through just to prevent jumping dyou what rate the water comes through and leaves? Is it drip rate or at steady flow, just wondering as for the heat I would expect the water to cool down if the hot water just comes through in drops thankyou so much
It's a steady and gentle flow.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's a steady and gentle flow.
Yep, its gentle enough that poop still collects at the bottom of each container... you can stimulate it by using a container of some sort and turning on the tap till its barely not dripping... that's what these barracks are like.

(You can also dial it back, like completely shut it off if your not using a particular container for example or to isolate a sick fish)

Bellesfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yep, its gentle enough that poop still collects at the bottom of each container... you can stimulate it by using a container of some sort and turning on the tap till its barely not dripping... that's what these barracks are like.

(You can also dial it back, like completely shut it off if your not using a particular container for example or to isolate a sick fish)
Oh that’s perfect I can isolate certain containers etc that’s super helpful Thankyou! I’ll be siphoning most days anyway

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom