Betta baffle for nozzle

1. l

longcroft New Member Member

So this is my first post, and well I wasn't gonna sign up until I made this baffle for my filter. Yes. I know. there are thousands of these baffles but after much research I came up with one for power filters with thin, tube like nozzles i.e that of a power-head output, power filter etc, etc. If you need to aerate your aquarium for community fish it also does that.
    WHAT YOU WILL NEED-

SCISSORS
    WATER BOTTLE
    FILTER

METHOD
    1. Cut the top of the water bottle off. (top 1/4)
    2. Cut the bottom of the water bottle off. (bottom 1/4)
    3. Pierce lots of small hole in the bottom section previously cut off
    4. Pierce one large hole in the bottom section previously cut off
    5. Fit the bottom section in the top section
    6. Pierce a hole that fits the output of you filter nozzle in the cap
    7. Attach to filter with the big hole at the top, near the water

The bubble trap themselves in the atrium of the baffle and then release into the water through the large hole while the water and some small bubbles go through the smaller holes. Try it, it works a treat

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Got a picture?

Welcome to the forum!

Advertisement

3. S

Subha92 Valued Member Member

Can please share some pictures of such settings? It will be a great help for us

4. OP
    OP
    l

Yeah sure, here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OP
    OP
    l

Btw, although this is the best baffle I have ever had (and the only one that has ever worked...) it does look pretty rough in the tank... so any better ideas would be appreciated!

6. S

Subha92 Valued Member Member

Here is a picture of my power filter. I'm using Venus Aqua 6001F with maximum 880L/H flow rate. I've reduced that one for my betta tank.
    You can get something like a cap of Homeopathy medicine bottle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fit that cap on the outlet of power filter.
    [​IMG]
    Caution: Always make sure the air tube should be emerged in water. Cause the air tube shoul be the next outflow tube instead of that broader one. It will definitely reduce the flowrate without any hassle.
    If you didn't manage to get that cap, try something else to fit tightly on the outlet. Thats all.
    Best of Luck

Advertisement