betta and shrimp planted no filter

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
okay so here is my plan... 26g bowfront, heavily planted with EVERY aquatic plant I have 20+ shrimp, 1 betta, and 5 mystery snails...

Right now I have the plants just floating in the tank and the tank is to pull all the gravel out of the tank and replace with sand plant everything and finish with the live stock! Does anyone see a possible issue with out having a filter? If there needs to be water movement for gas exchange I don't mind adding a bubble but I figured with, literally 100+ plants, there would be enough oxygen for them...

The plan is also 3 20% WC a week and a sand stir every two weeks with a 50-60% WC

And yes i will add pictures..

Oh and PLEASE don't comment about the betta eating the shrimp... he has been with them for going on 5 weeks now in very close quarters and i still have every shimp plus 5 are berried!!!!!!

AmazonPassion

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It sounds like you are doing an NPT without the dirt? I don't see a problem with your concept about not having a filter because the plants will be the filter. The only thing I would add is an airstone not for gas exchange but for circulation and make sure you have some sort of ferts (root tabs, liquid, or dry).

I think it is a great idea....since you will have minimal stocking (1 one betta, 5 snails and shrimps) for a 26g bowfront.

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had forgot what it was called but yes a NTP! I have the dirt I could easily add it but I kinda don't want the mess it can cause when I want to rearrange... when i made my betta tank a dirt I learned that... (still love the look though lol) anyways I dose with flourish and thats how my plants multiplied so freaky fast haha!

Anyways thanks! I will post lots of pictures when it is done!

scotty b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
that should work i m think dirt would work best but doseing should work okay keep us updated (with pics :camera

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay finally got things planted just waiting for the sand to clear up then I will post pictures :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom