Betta And Pea Puffer?

Joshua G

HI everyone!
So I was thinking of setting up a 15 us gallon divided tank with a pea puffer and a betta. I want to make my one diy divider out of plastic canvas and report covers. Do you guys think this will work or maybe not? Will the puffer maybe chew threw the divider?
Thanks in advance
Joshua

Katie13

While they can be kept in freshwater, Pea Puffers do best in brackish water. Personally, I wouldn’t do it.

aussieJJDude

While they can be kept in freshwater, Pea Puffers do best in brackish water. Personally, I wouldn’t do it.
I thought pea puffers where freshwater, while the fig 8 (and other puffers) do best in brackish. Of course, I may be wrong...

DoraCory

Pea Puffers (Carinotetraodon travacoricus) are freshwater, well, that's what I've established from my research lately.

In theory it could be done, pea puffer and a betta in a divided tank, but pea puffers are messy and you'd have to do a lot of water changes to keep the water clean for the betta so that it doesn't get fin rot. Puffers are also prone to internal parasites.

My advice would be to either keep a betta, or keep a puffer, but not both in the same tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
goldface
Replies
Views
bmuckluck
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Stocking a 10gal
Replies
Views
Maryellen