Betta and Otocinclus?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by brhebert, Mar 22, 2012.

1. brhebert

brhebert Valued Member Member

I have a single betta and a mystery snail that wont eat algea off my plants or decorations. I think Otocinclus would be gfreat because i have a 10g. How many would be ok in my tank?

2. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I would just wipe them off by hand instead of adding them but if you really want them I'd get around 6. You will need to supplement their food as a 10 will not supply them with enough to eat long term.

3. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

I have four otos in a 10 gallon with a betta. He doesn't bother them, in fact often sleeps right next to them on the gravel or plants. I do add algae wafers and zucchini once in a while. The tank gets a lot of natural light though and those four otos are chunky butts. LOL

4. amber0107

amber0107 Well Known Member Member

I had 5 otos with my betta but he did start to harass them. He never nipped but he kept them cornered. They were in a 10 gallon together, but I moved my betta to a 7.5 and my otos to a 20. Just watch carefully if you decide to go this route. You could also try a nerite. Mine small nerites do a wonderful job of cleaning algae off of plants.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice