Betta And Height Of Tank 29 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Anne79, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Anne79

Anne79New MemberMember

ok! Im here why another newb questions. I swear ! All the weird questions around betta and equipments will come from me! I really aiming to get the best start with you instead of learning everything from my mistakes :/ (even if im sure i will make some...)

So. Now i realize betta really dislike high tanks. In fact mine is a waterhome 25 gallons. The dimensions are 31x12x 16. The 16" height is annoying me, since the 20 gal long is 12" ... but the 40 gal long seems to be 16". Will i be fine then? Ill make a betta female sorority, so they wont have long fins like male halfmoon. Should i add more substrate to make the swimmable area shorter? Or make sure to have a higher planted carpet to acheive same objective? (Like Staurogyne repens)

2. david1978

david1978Fishlore LegendMember

I have both male and female betta in a standard 75 gallon tank. As long as they have high things to rest on they will be fine.

3. OP
    OP
    Anne79

Anne79New MemberMember

I see i will make sure to have different anubias and other large horizontal leaves for them :)

4. Kamaile

KamaileValued MemberMember

People normally advise long tanks for betta sororities, but I think a sorority in a tall tank is doable, albeit tricky. No, with females there shouldn't be a need to keep the water shallow so long as there are resting places near the surface. Make sure you have LOTS of hiding places for the females throughout the water column. I would advise a heavily planted tank (stem plants, many people make the mistake of thinking their tank is heavily planted but in reality they just have an impenatrable mass of floating plants) with more than enough hiding places for your fish. If you can find a way to do caves all the way up the tank, that would be amazing as well. (If you find a way to do that, let me know!)

5. OP
    OP
    Anne79

Anne79New MemberMember

Gréât idea Kamailie!! Ill start thinking of an idea :))

6. Kamaile

KamaileValued MemberMember

Awesome, definitely keep us updated!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice