Betta And Fancy Goldfish....

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Fishaholic58, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Fishaholic58

Fishaholic58Valued MemberMember

Hello, I was recently at my dentists office. She has a 29 gallon tank with two orandas, 3 plecos (not the common type) and one male betta. I feel really bad because they require different temps and on the thermometer it read 70. The male betta is constantly sitting in a corner and I think he’s stressed because there are no hiding places and there are two large fish with him. Is this okay for the betta, or should I tell her about it? I don’t want to seem like I’m being a fish police so any advice is appreciated.

2. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Yikes that's pretty bad. Bettas prefer temps almost 10° higher, and honestly I'd be concerned that the orandas may eat it. Don't compromise your relationship, but it might be worth mentioning. Not to mention, even just two goldfish would fully stock that tank, having three plecos is asking for trouble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice