Betta and Corry tank.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm setting up a tank for some Panda Corries and a male Betta. I'm going out to buy the decor (Rocks,Backgound,plants etc.) today. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas. My lfs doesn't have many backgrounds and only have a few. I think they only have about 4. One of them I have on my 15gallon, a blue one they have is in my Q tank, they have a plain black one and one that is a light blue one with some greek ruins kind of thing on it. I was thinking of getting this one because it's a little different, and my lfs have some little ornaments like greek ruins too, that I could put in.

I wan't to put some kind of cave or somewhere they could hide in or something too, but I don't know what I could do. My lfs don't sell many ornaments or caves and things, but they do have some flat blue rocks. Could I get a few of these and arrange them to be like a cave or something?

I'm going to get a few fake plants too. Does this sound OK?

Thanks

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK, change of plan. My lfs ran out of the greek ruin thing background. And I noticed that the ornaments were realy expensive. I bought this other background that they haven't had before and an ornament to go in the middle.

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't set it up until I get the filter which I orderd today. I'ts meant to come in 3-4 days so it shouldn't be long. I'll try getting some pics when i'ts set up.

Gwenz

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It sounds good to me as well. I kind of like the plants because if I need to do a serious cleaning (the fake plants I mean) then they are easy to uproot and vacuum around and then put back again. Also the fish don't eat them.

I'm going to add some corys either tomorrow or the day after to my tank and see how they do with Rusty. Pandas are very cute and stay fairly small from what I hear. Good luck Gwenz, I hope it all works out.

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi! What a great combo! I love Pandas and have 8 of them!!!! I like your ideas of adding plants, I know my Betta will rest on the plants in the tank, poor old guy!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to set up my tank now, but i'm getting busyer and busyer everyday with school work and I got exams starting next week. It's hard to find the time at the moment to any thing but school work. > I wish I had time. Maybe on the weekend... ;D

Gwenz

P.S. - My lfs just got some more panda corries and they are realy small and realy qute!!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The Duetto filter came today so I'll be able to start setting up the tank soon. ;D

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Chickadee :-
I like the filter, but I haven't set it up yet so haven't seen it working. I'm glad it has a flow adjuster as all the filters I've had in the past have had qite a strong flow and I haven't liked them. I haven't had much luck with filters but hopfully this filter will be fine.

divakeeks :-
When It's all set up I will send pictures. I got the tank for my birthday and I also got a digital camera, It's great!

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to maybe set it up tomorow. I was wondering, If I was to put some of the gravel from my 15gallon tank in the new tank with some new gravel, and then put some more that I have spare back into the 15gallon, would it help speed up the cycling process?

Thanks

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Omorrokh. I was thinking that but I don't have any spare filter sponges to put in there I usualy just swish them about in old tank water when I do water changes now and then to clean them. So I guess I can't realy do this.

I wish we had Bio Spira here in UK it would be much easier to cycle the tank. :-\

Can anyone think of something else thta might help to speed up the cycle, or should I just leave it to do it by itself?

Thanks

Gwenz

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you have enough room in the 15g filter, you could put the media for the new tank in there for a few days. That would help to get the bacteria seeded. Of course make sure none of the fish in the 15g are sick...

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok I might try that. None of the fish in there are sick so I should be Ok. I never thought about putting it in another tank. If I do this how long should I keep the filter in there for?

Thansk

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the tank. I haven't put any water or the filter or heater in yet and I will be getting some plants to put in there too. But I just been trying to figure out where to put everything and this is what I come up with.

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom