Betta and cories rubbing on decorations, clamped fins and bloat? Velvet? - Page 3

BettaFishObsessed

Hi sorry I’m here with an update I’ve just been really busy with other things and didnt get the chance to update, they are doing better but the gold dust isnt fully gone but almost, theres just a tiny bit left. Its been 8 days and I am so tempted to pull the blanket off, but i know that then it would just come back since it isnt fully gone. Here are photos so you can see how much they have recovered so far

BettasAreSuperior

AggressiveAquatics

I’m glad there are no loses :)

BettasAreSuperior

Darwinthebloodparrot said:
I’m glad there are no loses :)
me too! And I am glad the velvet has decreased significantly.

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
Yes, I can see it's not completely gone. Are you still dosing general cure? How often are you doing water changes?
No i finished treating with general cure and I am continuing my usual water change schedule.

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
ok, If I were you I would dose general cure again to get rid of any unwanted eggs or leftover parasites.
Are you sure that would be okay? Since I just dosed them with medicine a few days ago it wouldnt over medicate them?

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed said:
Are you sure that would be okay? Since I just dosed them with medicine a few days ago it wouldnt over medicate them?
oh, sorry for some reason I thought you medicated them 2 weeks ago even though you didn't say that in your post.....lol, where is my mind these days. So, don't medicate again.

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
oh, sorry for some reason I thought you medicated them 2 weeks ago even though you didn't say that in your post.....lol, where is my mind these days. So, don't medicate again.
Okay. The cories velvet is gone today and the betta has just a few tiny little specks of gold dust left that should be gone tomorrow or the next day. Since I have no fish in the cycling tank to go by, would it just take the same amount of time that the 10 g did to get rid of velvet? Like when the fish have no velvet the 5 g will have no velvet too?

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed said:
Okay. The cories velvet is gone today and the betta has just a few tiny little specks of gold dust left that should be gone tomorrow or the next day. Since I have no fish in the cycling tank to go by, would it just take the same amount of time that the 10 g did to get rid of velvet? Like when the fish have no velvet the 5 g will have no velvet too?
If you repeat the same process to the fish you are going to add in the 5 gallon it should take the same amount of time. Also, I would do a 50 percent water change for the whole tank and do one more salt bath for the betta. This time, do a 20 minute salt bath for the betta. Maybe a day or two more of the black out and the salt bath for the betta. And then just keep a close eye on him, if needed you can add Indian almond leaves and api stress coat.

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
If you repeat the same process to the fish you are going to add in the 5 gallon it should take the same amount of time. Also, I would do a 50 percent water change for the whole tank and do one more salt bath for the betta. This time, do a 20 minute salt bath for the betta. Maybe a day or two more of the black out and the salt bath for the betta. And then just keep a close eye on him, if needed you can add Indian almond leaves and api stress coat.
Okay. I am already blacking out the cycling tank and have dosed Api general cure since i know it has velvet, but will the velvet be gone in the 5 g at the same time it is in the 10 g since i treated them the same at the same time

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed said:
Okay. I am already blacking out the cycling tank and have dosed Api general cure since i know it has velvet, but will the velvet be gone in the 5 g at the same time it is in the 10 g since i treated them the same at the same time
Yes, the velvet should be gone in the 5 gallon as well as the 10 gallon because you treated them the same at the same time

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
Yes, the velvet should be gone in the 5 gallon as well as the 10 gallon because you treated them the same at the same time
Okay just making sure thanks!

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed said:
Okay just making sure thanks!
Your welcome! But if you really want to go the extra mile just in case you can raise the temperature a few degrees higher (86F) and wait a few more days before adding your fish and then add your fish a few days later! :)

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
Your welcome! But if you really want to go the extra mile just in case you can raise the temperature a few degrees higher (86F) and wait a few more days before adding your fish and then add your fish a few days later! :)
Okay!

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed

Does the velvet look gone to you people? Because i think it may be gone but i might just be being hopeful and I want to check. The cories i think its gone but its a little hard to tell with their natural iridescence, but i dont think i see any gold on them. Should i wait another day to be safe or are they good or not or what? The cories were moving too much for me to get a pic sorry

Attachments

BettasAreSuperior

I did a high contrast mode to show any other colors on the fish because I knew I wouldn't be able to see the colors for my own two eyes and for the corydoras I saw no gold. Like none at all. For the betta I did a high contrast mods once again and found gold dust. ...I thought it would be gone. For the betta on a scale of 1-10 I would say a 4-6. So, for the betta like there is still some gold left. The betta's gold is more than a few specks. So, on the For the corydoras, its like a 0. The cories didn't show any gold at all. I didn't show screen shots because it wouldn't let me.
So for the betta I think his gold dust just needs to be gone a little more. Maybe put the betta into QT? Once again, the bettas gold dust isn't completely gone.

BettaFishObsessed

bettaandcorylover said:
I did a high contrast mode to show any other colors on the fish because I knew I wouldn't be able to see the colors for my own two eyes and for the corydoras I saw no gold. Like none at all. For the betta I did a high contrast mods once again and found gold dust. ...I thought it would be gone. For the betta on a scale of 1-10 I would say a 4-6. So, for the betta like there is still some gold left. The betta's gold is more than a few specks. So, on the For the corydoras, its like a 0. The cories didn't show any gold at all. I didn't show screen shots because it wouldn't let me.
So for the betta I think his gold dust just needs to be gone a little more. Maybe put the betta into QT? Once again, the bettas gold dust isn't completely gone.
I would, but if the bettas gold dust isnt gone then there would still be some velvet in the tank, no? Also were the cories hiding in the back of one of the pictures when you did high contrast since I only included pics of the betta and not cories? also the betta has very warm gold undertones in his coloring I assume that wouldnt be what you see in the high contrast?

BettasAreSuperior

BettaFishObsessed said:
I would, but if the bettas gold dust isnt gone then there would still be some velvet in the tank, no? Also were the cories hiding in the back of one of the pictures when you did high contrast since I only included pics of the betta and not cories? also the betta has very warm gold undertones in his coloring I assume that wouldnt be what you see in the high contrast?
Oh....so it might be the bettas shininess. So, maybe the velvet is completely gone? I saw the pic in post #82 on this thread for the cories. Also, I changed my username I am not a different person. So.....if the velvet is gone....Congrats!!! yay!! :):D:p

AggressiveAquatics

Congrats I’m glad you helped them and lost nobody
This was the longest thread I’ve ever been a part of and I’m honored lol

BettaFishObsessed

thanks everyone! Just an update. there had been no change in the velvet so I decided it was gone and uncovered the tank. The fish are acting perfectly normal again and I fasted the cories a little and they are no longer bloated! In a few days I’ll uncover the 5 gal and make sure its cycled, then finally get another betta!

BettasAreSuperior

Darwinthebloodparrot said:
Congrats I’m glad you helped them and lost nobody
This was the longest thread I’ve ever been a part of and I’m honored lol
lol. I agree. :p
BettaFishObsessed said:
thanks everyone! Just an update. there had been no change in the velvet so I decided it was gone and uncovered the tank. The fish are acting perfectly normal again and I fasted the cories a little and they are no longer bloated! In a few days I’ll uncover the 5 gal and make sure its cycled, then finally get another betta!
Yay!!!:D:p;):)

BettaFishObsessed

Top Bottom