Betta And Cherry Shrips

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by shooting2612, Mar 22, 2019.

1. shooting2612New MemberMember

Has anybody kept a male or female betta or wild betta with cherry shrimps? If you guys had any success let me know, I heard females are fine cause they’re less aggressive

2. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

Females will hunt shrimp just like males. You could try with a couple of test shrimp to see if the betta is interested and make sure you're giving your betta a good protein source ie bloodworms, brine shrimp etc every couple of days so it doesn't get a craving for meat-that might help...

3. -Gravity-New MemberMember

We have a female living with 4 ghost shrimp. She ignores them, or checks in on them once in a while to see what they're doing and then swims off.

A few days ago we added 3 cherry shrimp to see how she'd do with them.

The first one was dead within 3 minutes. She carried it around the tank like "LOOK WHAT I KILLED!"

The second one was dead 20 minutes later. Again, parading her victory around the tank.

The third one made it until the next morning when the lights came back on. Then, it was over.

She still ignores the ghost shrimp.

4. NappersValued MemberMember

My Betta mostly doesn't bother my shrimp but he is a small peaceful fella. I've seen my neocardinia actually attack him and scare him off but they are vulnerable after molting and I have lost a couple :(

5. shooting2612New MemberMember

Thanks for the advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice