Betta and ammonia spike issue

WagglePets

So I have skittles my plakat betta I adore very much the issue is his tank crashed on accident because of me so I already feel bad and I have nowhere else to put him any tips on keeping him alive during the cycle? I know lots of water changes but I didn’t know if there’s anything else.
my ammonia is very high right now (the highest it can go on the api master test kit I forgot the number)

StarGirl

How did you get the ammonia so high? Do big water changes to bring it down. You can do more than one a day.

WagglePets

Well I put my peacock gudgeon eggs in there and put methlyne blue not knowing it’ll kill my bb and switched fish around

StarGirl

Well I put my peacock gudgeon eggs in there and put methlyne blue not knowing it’ll kill my bb and switched fish around
I guess I don't understand how the ammonia got so high to start.

WagglePets

I guess I don't understand how the ammonia got so high to start.
I have no idea honestly my bad

inari

So my first thought would be what was added to the tank? I know when I added a BN to my 55 I had a slight increase in ammonia, but a maxed out wow I have no idea except a whole boatload of pure ammonia or fish. Anyway as mentioned do a huge water change like 50% or so and see where your ammonia is, you can do multiple a day, though you may end up wanting to reseed your cycle if you can. I had a betta years ago who was in a 10 gallon while I cycled the tank, I would not recommend it. Instead, if you are having an issue bringing the parameters down (like it sounds like you are) you can TEMPORARILY keep him in another tank but do frequent 100% water changes if it is small enough. Again very temporary, if need be, keep him in a large vase while you cycle. THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY!!! You would be doing 100% water changes daily for the betta while you re-establish the cycle in the tank. That is likely how I would handle it personally.

WagglePets

Btw there’s tons of copepods in the tank with The peacock gudgeons will the babies eat them? Regardless I’m ordering brine shrimp eggs I’m just wondering
So my first thought would be what was added to the tank? I know when I added a BN to my 55 I had a slight increase in ammonia, but a maxed out wow I have no idea except a whole boatload of pure ammonia or fish. Anyway as mentioned do a huge water change like 50% or so and see where your ammonia is, you can do multiple a day, though you may end up wanting to reseed your cycle if you can. I had a betta years ago who was in a 10 gallon while I cycled the tank, I would not recommend it. Instead, if you are having an issue bringing the parameters down (like it sounds like you are) you can TEMPORARILY keep him in another tank but do frequent 100% water changes if it is small enough. Again very temporary, if need be, keep him in a large vase while you cycle. THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY!!! You would be doing 100% water changes daily for the betta while you re-establish the cycle in the tank. That is likely how I would handle it personally.
I took the betta out of the 5.5 gallon and just added the peacock gudgeon eggs and I’m doing a wc now thank you so much for your advice I will do those things
So now there’s nothing in the 5.5 gallon

SparkyJones

I used methelyne blue in a tank for a
Btw there’s tons of copepods in the tank with The peacock gudgeons will the babies eat them? Regardless I’m ordering brine shrimp eggs I’m just wondering

I took the betta out of the 5.5 gallon and just added the peacock gudgeon eggs and I’m doing a wc now thank you so much for your advice I will do those things
So now there’s nothing in the 5.5 gallon
What happened to all the ammonia?

Huh?

I wrote a book on how to recover this to help you basically, now I'm not posting it at all! Seems like you got it handled and moving on.
Ammonia will kill everything. Good day!

WagglePets

Sorry that was very confusing what I said heh.. but everything is resolved!

SparkyJones

Sorry that was very confusing what I said heh.. but everything is resolved!
Wonderful, glad it's all worked out. :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AllTrueRaps
Replies
Views
Mindy3
Replies
Views
sfsamm
Replies