Betta Always In The Carpet?

zachtuffman

Reaction score
I grow out pogostemon in my 5 gal betta tank for my other tanks and he's always weaving in and out of the plants and swimming through his little jungle, only coming out for feeding. He rarely uses all his open space outside the plants. Is this normal or should I remove all the plants before he becomes a little hermit?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
zachtuffman said:
I grow out pogostemon in my 5 gal betta tank for my other tanks and he's always weaving in and out of the plants and swimming through his little jungle, only coming out for feeding. He rarely uses all his open space outside the plants. Is this normal or should I remove all the plants before he becomes a little hermit?
No, it’s just that the betta really appreciates the exploration opportunities that’s he has. If a fish is enjoying something, don’t change it.

It it ain’t broke, why fix it?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
zachtuffman said:
No, it’s just that the betta really appreciates the exploration opportunities that’s he has. If a fish is enjoying something, don’t change it.

It it ain’t broke, why fix it?

EDIT: Double posts, sorry about that.

omaia

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sounds to me like your betta loves the plants. Like yours, mine rarely appears outside of his forest of amazon swords and whatnot, but he's happy enough.

Just leave your fish to his hermit-like habits.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom