Betta Age?

Jnyftb

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'll have my Betta two years in September. He didn't seem like a baby when I brought him home. How long would you think he is?

Jnyftb

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I meant to say how old do you think he is?

FriarThomasIII said:
Probably 2 years and 3 monthsish. Maybe longer. THey usually have about 3 year life spans, right?
I have heard 3 to 5 years. Just wondering how long it took to have him shipped to the store and how long before I found him and picked him up...an average amount of time

rrbauer96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jnyftb said:
I have heard 3 to 5 years. Just wondering how long it took to have him shipped to the store and how long before I found him and picked him up...an average amount of time
If you mean his age, I'd agree with about 2.4 years. If you mean how long he went from most likely a wholesaler to the store then to you, I'd say maybe a month. At a store I work at, if certain bettas aren't sold within a month, we rotate who's in front and the ones who have been there longer either move to the back or if peaceful enough go into certain tanks. So it could be longer based on if where you got him does that sort of rotation or not.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd say 2.5 years old, they normally are between 3-4 months old when they get to the store, on average some "less pretty" bettas can sit there for several months before they are picked (I watched a veiltail male of Vanda coloring sit for 2-3 months before I was able to show him off to someone who immediately fell in love with him and his color, he was a peachy red with darker red spots in his fins).

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
yes 2.5 months old because males are sold from 4-5months old and females are sold from 3-4months old!

CanadianFishFan said:
yes 2.5 months old because males are sold from 4-5months old and females are sold from 3-4months old!
Oops! 2.5 YEARS old. *Mornings....:banghead::facepalm:*

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom