Betta Advice?

the.whole.crew

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have two male bettas each with their own 2.5 gallon tanks. They’re very happy, but since I have empty tanks, I’d like to upgrade them to 5 gallons. I just have one question. My one betta has something wrong with his back, so he doesn’t move around much. He is a pet store betta, and two years old, so it’s something that seems to have developed over time. He has a good appetite and gets air just fine, but he just isn’t very active. I’m not sure if I should upgrade him, or if he’d be happier with less space so it’s easier to get where he needs to be (to food, the surface, whatever). His tank is planted, so he’s not bored or anything.

Of course, an empty 5 gallon would leave me with more opportunities than an empty 2.5 gallon, but I would rather make my current fish the happiest they can be before I get another.

the.whole.crew

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
MaximumRide14 said:
Can you please post a picture of the betta?
IMG_2297.JPG

This is the best I could get. It’s hard to see anything wrong with him besides the fact that he’s on the bottom of his tank. He’s been like this for a while, and as I said before, I don’t believe he’s suffering. He has a normal appetite and breathes fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom