5 Gallon Tank Betta & ADF Favorite Plants

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yesterday, I upgraded the lighting of my 5g betta and ADF tanks. They now have 10w fluorescent lights and they are very happy and show up much better. Once I clear out some memory on the camera, I'll be taking pics.

I'm going "plant shopping" next weekend at Forsyth Aquatics. She seems to have everything, so I'm wondering what are some of your betta and ADF's favorite live plants?

There are 6 tanks I'll be adding plants to. 5 betta and one ADF.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've got Java moss in my frog and betta tanks. They seem to enjoy resting in it.
My moss seems to to better with incandescent, not so much luck florescent.

ilikefish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've got Java moss in my frog and betta tanks. They seem to enjoy resting in it.
My moss seems to to better with incandescent, not so much luck florescent.
?? I didn't know anything could even grow under incandescent! wow... lol mine grows fine under florescent though so im sure it doesn't really matter...

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Java moss are low light plants that often grow very slowly, if all, under high light conditions. This can be easily remedied by getting some floating plants, like Amazon frogbit or duckweed, to float on top of the water directly above the moss (it takes some work to get them to stay there) and dim the lighting.

I used to have an ADF and suggest hornwort. I would figure that both would be appreciative of broad-leaved plants like Anubias nana to rest on.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom