Help Betta Acting Strange

Capuletter

Reaction score
My betta has recently been lethargic and laying around in the bottom of his tank or on top of his heater which is where he likes to sleep at night. He doesn’t have any noticeable diseases on him and he still comes to the top of the tank and eats his food with quite a lot of energy. Not sure if there is anything wrong with him or if I need to do any water checks or anything. This started happening about 5 days ago but it’s been on and off.

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What are your water levels. Sounds like you may need to do a water change soon.
It could be a temperature issue too. Bettas act lethargic when the water is too hot or too cold.

OP
Capuletter

Capuletter

Reaction score
AquaticQueen said:
What are your water levels. Sounds like you may need to do a water change soon.
It could be a temperature issue too. Bettas act lethargic when the water is too hot or too cold.
The temperature was around 82 a little while ago so I unplugged the heater because the house was too warm. I need to do water level tests but my ammonia test said it was good.

Goldfishknees

Reaction score
Capuletter said:
The temperature was around 82 a little while ago so I unplugged the heater because the house was too warm. I need to do water level tests but my ammonia test said it was good.
82 is the max temp they should be at for long periods of time if your heater needed to be unplugged it's either to large for you tank or it needs to be turned down if it's an adjustable heater

OP
Capuletter

Capuletter

Reaction score
Goldfishknees said:
82 is the max temp they should be at for long periods of time if your heater needed to be unplugged it's either to large for you tank or it needs to be turned down if it's an adjustable heater
It worked really well when the temperature outside was anywhere from 40 to 75 but it’s really hot out today and my house itself is 78, but you’re right that I might need a better heater so that it works better with the temperature changes.

Goldfishknees

Reaction score
Capuletter said:
It worked really well when the temperature outside was anywhere from 40 to 75 but it’s really hot out today and my house itself is 78, but you’re right that I might need a better heater so that it works better with the temperature changes.
I would go for an adjustable one so you can change the temp as needed

New Threads