Betta acting strange

Brett S.

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I have a KoI Betta. He is totally normal except for the fact that he goes up to stuff and touches it and then shakes. It's hard to describe and I can't get a video because he doesn't do it when I have the camera open for some reason. So he will go to the corner of the tank, curl kind of into the corner (his side is basically touching both pieces of glass at the same time. Then he twitches and shoots away from it. I've seen him do this with the filter intake as well. Is there anything wrong with him or is it just weird Betta behavior? Other than that he is totally fine. If I ever get a video I'll post it.

Attachments

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It could maybe be a parasite like ich. The shaking could be him trying to scratch himself and maybe him swimming really fast could be him trying to get away from whatever is bothering him. Do you see any small white dots on him or in the tank? Also did you test your water parameters to make sure that they are normal?

Avery101

Reaction score
if it is ich, especially if you can see it, if not as a preventative there is an api super ich that works excellently

New Threads