Betta Acting Depressed??

Tofu&Soba

Reaction score
I’ve had my Betta (Tofu) for a few weeks now, he currently set up in a 10gal. I bought a bristle nose pleco to go with him a little over a 2 weeks ago, but he died last Sunday (April 22) after only having him for a week. My question is about how Tofu is reacting to the death of the pleco. The pleco died in Tofu’s house, and now all he does is basically lay in the house. He’s not swimming around, only coming up every now and then for air. I can’t get him to eat anything either.

Any advice? Has anyone else experienced this?

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Tofu&Soba said:
I’ve had my Betta (Tofu) for a few weeks now, he currently set up in a 10gal. I bought a bristle nose pleco to go with him a little over a 2 weeks ago, but he died last Sunday (April 22) after only having him for a week. My question is about how Tofu is reacting to the death of the pleco. The pleco died in Tofu’s house, and now all he does is basically lay in the house. He’s not swimming around, only coming up every now and then for air. I can’t get him to eat anything either.

Any advice? Has anyone else experienced this?

Parameters?? Is your tank cycled??? Are his fins clamped??? Could be a bunch of different things!! Hopefully one of our resident experts chime in!!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Alright, were you aware that a bristlenose needs a minimum of 30 gallons, and aren’t recommended with bettas?
What are your current parameters, and is your tank cycled?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't think it's depression, but stress from the parameters.

May you list them and attach a picture of the betta?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom