Betas Tail Looks Shredded??

Amandaaaaaaa

Reaction score
My betas tail looks like it shredded? I had fake plants in there but I put new real plants in his tank today. I don’t know if the other plants shredded his tail or what happened? Here’s a picture of when I first got him and here’s him now, helpp! And is there anything I can do about it?

Attachments

Kortdizzy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Its probabky fin rot. Was you tank new qhen you out him in? Had it cycled? The water seems like it might be a little cloudy. Do you have a test kit for ammonia? My betta got pretty bad fin rot from poor tank conditions when I didnt know about cycling. Hes recovering now, but his fins will never be the same. I treated him with salt and methelyne blue, as well as stress coat and did frequent water changes.

OP
A

Amandaaaaaaa

Reaction score
His tank and everything was brand new when I put him in. And when I put the old/new plants in his tank his water got cloudy the day after. And I don’t know anything about cycling. I was thinking maybe the old plants I had in there cut his tail because they weren’t soft plants.

Fish0n

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That is not shredding from plants. You can see it a bit darker on the edges and that is fin rot from unclean water conditions. I would suggest looking up fish in cycling and the nitrogen cycle then you will understand how to provide him the clean environment that will heal his tail.

Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom