Beta Floating Log Help Keeping it still

Gianat

if anyone on here is familiar with the beta floating log, can someone please tell me suggestions as to keeping it still.

I've had mine for as long as I've had my beta and hes grown very fond of it however I've just recently added him to a new tank and noticied the log floats around alot more than it used to in the prior tank. I know he loves to hide in it so I dont want to remove it but I also dont want it floating wonderlessly around the tank as I dont see how it helps my beta hide. I dont think he'll enjoy it as much with it floating around. Ive tried just about everything I can think of to get it to stick and my most recent idea worked for a week and than it detached
IDEAS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU

Rose of Sharon

I use betta hammocks/betta leaves to keep my betta log from moving. I just attach the betta hammock/betta leaf to the side of the tank where I want the log to stay, and then move the log to that side and position the leaf so that is holds the log. You can either put it on the side of the log (I used two - one on each side), or you can use the one by putting the leafy part on the inside of the log, and then moving the leaf down until it is actually holding the log down and in place. I also tried tying some fishing string around the top of the hole in the betta log, and tied the other end to something outside of the tank, but I didn't like that. It was a pain to clean around when doing water changes.

Here are a few pics - one showing the fishing string and one showing betta leaves, and another showing a betta leaf and a leaf from an anubia plant, just to give you an idea...

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_154856.jpg
    IMG_20220429_154856.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20211112_131207 (1).jpg
    IMG_20211112_131207 (1).jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 11
  • flash on anubias 2.jpg
    flash on anubias 2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 11

Cluckyduck

Maybe some suction cups and airline tubing could be used to make a little holder for it? Like to stretch the tubing across part of the tank thru the log or something?

MasterPython

Polyester sewing thread is aquarium safe and won't rot. If you tied it to an air line or power cord with some slack for water changed that would work.

Gianat

Thank you for this idea. It looks great but I don’t have any of that on hand so I’ll have to make a trip to the pet store and see if I can find anything!
I use betta hammocks/betta leaves to keep my betta log from moving. I just attach the betta hammock/betta leaf to the side of the tank where I want the log to stay, and then move the log to that side and position the leaf so that is holds the log. You can either put it on the side of the log (I used two - one on each side), or you can use the one by putting the leafy part on the inside of the log, and then moving the leaf down until it is actually holding the log down and in place. I also tried tying some fishing string around the top of the hole in the betta log, and tied the other end to something outside of the tank, but I didn't like that. It was a pain to clean around when doing water changes.

Here are a few pics - one showing the fishing string and one showing betta leaves, and another showing a betta leaf and a leaf from an anubia plant, just to give you an idea...

Masspanic

Maybe some suction cups and airline tubing could be used to make a little holder for it? Like to stretch the tubing across part of the tank thru the log or something?
I’ve done this ^^ it works well

Gianat

I’ve done this ^^ it works well
Oh wow. I actually have all that and that might work well. Thank you !

sunflower430

I have a metal plant weight that I have bend so it hooks from the ledge of the tank to the top hole of the log. Paperclip would probably do the job as well. Crude drawing attached because I am too lazy to go take a pic lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-213610_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-213610_Samsung Notes.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
blushrimp1
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
  • Question