Beta fish water cloudy

Mori

My beta fishes tank has gotten pretty murky and I can’t seem to fix it. I’ve cleaned it and changed the filters but it still remains not clear like my other beta fish tanks it is also making her seem calm with very slow movements besides feeding time. It’s 5 gallons and am wondering if it is ok?

Salem

Your profile suggests you don't know about the nitrogen cycle- you will want to learn this asap.
Changing the filter can actually do more harm than good as it removes the beneficial bacteria in the tank that keeps the water safe for your fish.
How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?

Mori

Salem said:
Your profile suggests you don't know about the nitrogen cycle- you will want to learn this asap.
Changing the filter can actually do more harm than good as it removes the beneficial bacteria in the tank that keeps the water safe for your fish.
How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Around 25 percent every two weeks

dragonbyte

What substrate do you use? I always recommend washing your substrate/gravel before putting it in your aquarium, you also may want to pour the water on a plate in your aquarium to reduce mixing of the sand.

Hope this helps!

Sauceboat

If it is murky and cleaning doesn't help and it's not green water, this is most likely a bacterial bloom. It probably resulted from switching out the filter cartridge, don't do this to avoid it in the future. It should clear up in a week or so, just make sure to keep up your normal maintenance, and maybe up the watcher changes to once per week. If you want to speed it up you can see if a LFS near you offers cycled media, this will complete the tank's cycle and stop the bloom.

Latest threads

Top Bottom