Best Website To Order Fish From? Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJBriant, Apr 21, 2019.

1. JJBriantValued MemberMember

Hello, My sister has a 10 gallon aquarium with a betta and she wants to put some Kuhli loaches in. I haven’t had any luck finding any at my local stores. I am looking for a good quality website to order them from. I am in Plano texas

2. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

A 10 gallon tank isn’t recommended for those. If she really wants those, the minimum tank size is 20 gallons.

Aquaticarts.com is the only reputable website I know of.

3. bryangarWell Known MemberMember

A 10 is fine for kuhli loaches. They’re tiny. Check out Trinsfish. com

4. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

That’s not what I’ve been told (and by doing research). They can get anywhere up to 4 inches and do better in a school of 3 or more and a tank that’s at least 20 gallons as they’re pretty active.

5. VeiltailKingWell Known MemberMember

6. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

Healthiest fish/inverts I’ve come across for sure. Haven’t tried their plants though. I usually purchase those from buceplants.com

7. MorosithValued MemberMember

Have you talked to The Fish Gallery up there about ordering you some? I’ve had managers at the one down in here in Houston help me out.

8. MorosithValued MemberMember

Oh heck I forgot about Dallas North Aquariums. That’s a heck of a store too. I’m surprised they haven’t got any.

9. VeiltailKingWell Known MemberMember

I ordered plants from there. They came in great shape and took off right away in my tank.

10. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

I’m going to have to try their plant selection when I upgrade. Thanks!

11. JJBriantValued MemberMember

Yeah I go there all the time. Maybe they just were out of stock when I looked idk haha

Hmmm okay do you have any recommendations for a bottom feeder for a 10 other then snails

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  12. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

For a 10 gallon, I can only think of snails or shrimp. If you’re going to go with shrimp though, try the cheap ones first like ghost shrimp and see how they do with the betta.

You can try Pygmy Corydoras as they only grow about an inch or so I believe. They’re schooling fish so I don’t know how many will be adequate. Try to do some research on them to see if it could work.

Not sure if there would be any aggressiveness too. Some Bettas can deal with tankmates and others don’t tolerate them well. Something to keep an eye out for if you introduce anything else in his tank.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  13. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Several posts have been removed/edited.
    I would remind you that arguing amongst yourselves derails the thread & does not help the Op with their question, please stay on topic & respond to the Op’s questions & not each other .

14. JJBriantValued MemberMember

He is my old betta that I had for a couple months. He was in a community tank with me with no problems. I had neon tetras and albino Cory’s. I gave him to my sister because I wanted to go a different direction with my aquarium. I feel like maybe I could try Amano Shrimp because they are bigger.

15. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

That will work!