Question Best Website To Order Fish From?

JJBriant

Active Member
Member
Messages
286
Reaction score
89
Experience
Just started
Hello, My sister has a 10 gallon aquarium with a betta and she wants to put some KuhlI loaches in. I haven’t had any luck finding any at my local stores. I am looking for a good quality website to order them from. I am in Plano texas
 

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
468
Location
Los Angeles
Experience
4 years
JJBriant said:
Hello, My sister has a 10 gallon aquarium with a betta and she wants to put some KuhlI loaches in. I haven’t had any luck finding any at my local stores. I am looking for a good quality website to order them from. I am in Plano texas
A 10 gallon tank isn’t recommended for those. If she really wants those, the minimum tank size is 20 gallons.

Aquaticarts is the only reputable website I know of.
 

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,029
Reaction score
2,534
Experience
2 years
A 10 is fine for kuhlI loaches. They’re tiny. Check out Trinsfish. com
 

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
468
Location
Los Angeles
Experience
4 years
bryangar said:
A 10 is fine for kuhlI loaches. They’re tiny. Check out Trinsfish. com
That’s not what I’ve been told (and by doing research). They can get anywhere up to 4 inches and do better in a school of 3 or more and a tank that’s at least 20 gallons as they’re pretty active.
 

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
1,162
Experience
5 to 10 years
Absolutely love and 100% recommend Aquatic Arts!
 

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
468
Location
Los Angeles
Experience
4 years
VeiltailKing said:
Absolutely love and 100% recommend Aquatic Arts!
Healthiest fish/inverts I’ve come across for sure. Haven’t tried their plants though. I usually purchase those from buceplants.com
 

Morosith

Active Member
Member
Messages
60
Reaction score
66
Location
Texas
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you talked to The Fish Gallery up there about ordering you some? I’ve had managers at the one down in here in Houston help me out.
 

Morosith

Active Member
Member
Messages
60
Reaction score
66
Location
Texas
Experience
More than 10 years
Morosith said:
Have you talked to The Fish Gallery up there about ordering you some? I’ve had managers at the one down in here in Houston help me out.
Oh heck I forgot about Dallas North Aquariums. That’s a heck of a store too. I’m surprised they haven’t got any.
 

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
1,162
Experience
5 to 10 years
TheBettaSushi said:
Healthiest fish/inverts I’ve come across for sure. Haven’t tried their plants though. I usually purchase those from buceplants.com
I ordered plants from there. They came in great shape and took off right away in my tank.
 

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
468
Location
Los Angeles
Experience
4 years
VeiltailKing said:
I ordered plants from there. They came in great shape and took off right away in my tank.
I’m going to have to try their plant selection when I upgrade. Thanks!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
J

JJBriant

Active Member
Member
Messages
286
Reaction score
89
Experience
Just started
Morosith said:
Oh heck I forgot about Dallas North Aquariums. That’s a heck of a store too. I’m surprised they haven’t got any.
Yeah I go there all the time. Maybe they just were out of stock when I looked idk haha

TheBettaSushi said:
A 10 gallon tank isn’t recommended for those. If she really wants those, the minimum tank size is 20 gallons.

Aquaticarts is the only reputable website I know of.
Hmmm okay do you have any recommendations for a bottom feeder for a 10 other then snails
 

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
468
Location
Los Angeles
Experience
4 years
JJBriant said:
Hmmm okay do you have any recommendations for a bottom feeder for a 10 other then snails
For a 10 gallon, I can only think of snails or shrimp. If you’re going to go with shrimp though, try the cheap ones first like ghost shrimp and see how they do with the betta.

You can try Pygmy Corydoras as they only grow about an inch or so I believe. They’re schooling fish so I don’t know how many will be adequate. Try to do some research on them to see if it could work.

Not sure if there would be any aggressiveness too. Some Bettas can deal with tank mates and others don’t tolerate them well. Something to keep an eye out for if you introduce anything else in his tank.
 

Coradee

Moderator
Moderator
Member
Messages
18,047
Reaction score
5,462
Location
England
Experience
More than 10 years
Several posts have been removed/edited.
I would remind you that arguing amongst yourselves derails the thread & does not help the Op with their question, please stay on topic & respond to the Op’s questions & not each other .
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #14
OP
J

JJBriant

Active Member
Member
Messages
286
Reaction score
89
Experience
Just started
TheBettaSushi said:
For a 10 gallon, I can only think of snails or shrimp. If you’re going to go with shrimp though, try the cheap ones first like ghost shrimp and see how they do with the betta.

You can try Pygmy Corydoras as they only grow about an inch or so I believe. They’re schooling fish so I don’t know how many will be adequate. Try to do some research on them to see if it could work.

Not sure if there would be any aggressiveness too. Some Bettas can deal with tank mates and others don’t tolerate them well. Something to keep an eye out for if you introduce anything else in his tank.
He is my old betta that I had for a couple months. He was in a community tank with me with no problems. I had neon tetras and albino Cory’s. I gave him to my sister because I wanted to go a different direction with my aquarium. I feel like maybe I could try Amano Shrimp because they are bigger.
 

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
468
Location
Los Angeles
Experience
4 years
JJBriant said:
He is my old betta that I had for a couple months. He was in a community tank with me with no problems. I had neon tetras and albino Cory’s. I gave him to my sister because I wanted to go a different direction with my aquarium. I feel like maybe I could try Amano Shrimp because they are bigger.
That will work!
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
235
Guests online
2,837
Total visitors
3,072

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom