Question Best Website To Order Fish From?

JJBriant

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello, My sister has a 10 gallon aquarium with a betta and she wants to put some KuhlI loaches in. I haven’t had any luck finding any at my local stores. I am looking for a good quality website to order them from. I am in Plano texas

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
JJBriant said:
Hello, My sister has a 10 gallon aquarium with a betta and she wants to put some KuhlI loaches in. I haven’t had any luck finding any at my local stores. I am looking for a good quality website to order them from. I am in Plano texas
A 10 gallon tank isn’t recommended for those. If she really wants those, the minimum tank size is 20 gallons.

Aquaticarts is the only reputable website I know of.

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A 10 is fine for kuhlI loaches. They’re tiny. Check out Trinsfish. com

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
bryangar said:
A 10 is fine for kuhlI loaches. They’re tiny. Check out Trinsfish. com
That’s not what I’ve been told (and by doing research). They can get anywhere up to 4 inches and do better in a school of 3 or more and a tank that’s at least 20 gallons as they’re pretty active.

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Absolutely love and 100% recommend Aquatic Arts!

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
VeiltailKing said:
Absolutely love and 100% recommend Aquatic Arts!
Healthiest fish/inverts I’ve come across for sure. Haven’t tried their plants though. I usually purchase those from buceplants.com

Morosith

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you talked to The Fish Gallery up there about ordering you some? I’ve had managers at the one down in here in Houston help me out.

Morosith

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Morosith said:
Have you talked to The Fish Gallery up there about ordering you some? I’ve had managers at the one down in here in Houston help me out.
Oh heck I forgot about Dallas North Aquariums. That’s a heck of a store too. I’m surprised they haven’t got any.

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TheBettaSushi said:
Healthiest fish/inverts I’ve come across for sure. Haven’t tried their plants though. I usually purchase those from buceplants.com
I ordered plants from there. They came in great shape and took off right away in my tank.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
VeiltailKing said:
I ordered plants from there. They came in great shape and took off right away in my tank.
I’m going to have to try their plant selection when I upgrade. Thanks!

OP
J

JJBriant

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Morosith said:
Oh heck I forgot about Dallas North Aquariums. That’s a heck of a store too. I’m surprised they haven’t got any.
Yeah I go there all the time. Maybe they just were out of stock when I looked idk haha

TheBettaSushi said:
A 10 gallon tank isn’t recommended for those. If she really wants those, the minimum tank size is 20 gallons.

Aquaticarts is the only reputable website I know of.
Hmmm okay do you have any recommendations for a bottom feeder for a 10 other then snails

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
JJBriant said:
Hmmm okay do you have any recommendations for a bottom feeder for a 10 other then snails
For a 10 gallon, I can only think of snails or shrimp. If you’re going to go with shrimp though, try the cheap ones first like ghost shrimp and see how they do with the betta.

You can try Pygmy Corydoras as they only grow about an inch or so I believe. They’re schooling fish so I don’t know how many will be adequate. Try to do some research on them to see if it could work.

Not sure if there would be any aggressiveness too. Some Bettas can deal with tank mates and others don’t tolerate them well. Something to keep an eye out for if you introduce anything else in his tank.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Several posts have been removed/edited.
I would remind you that arguing amongst yourselves derails the thread & does not help the Op with their question, please stay on topic & respond to the Op’s questions & not each other .

OP
J

JJBriant

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TheBettaSushi said:
For a 10 gallon, I can only think of snails or shrimp. If you’re going to go with shrimp though, try the cheap ones first like ghost shrimp and see how they do with the betta.

You can try Pygmy Corydoras as they only grow about an inch or so I believe. They’re schooling fish so I don’t know how many will be adequate. Try to do some research on them to see if it could work.

Not sure if there would be any aggressiveness too. Some Bettas can deal with tank mates and others don’t tolerate them well. Something to keep an eye out for if you introduce anything else in his tank.
He is my old betta that I had for a couple months. He was in a community tank with me with no problems. I had neon tetras and albino Cory’s. I gave him to my sister because I wanted to go a different direction with my aquarium. I feel like maybe I could try Amano Shrimp because they are bigger.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
JJBriant said:
He is my old betta that I had for a couple months. He was in a community tank with me with no problems. I had neon tetras and albino Cory’s. I gave him to my sister because I wanted to go a different direction with my aquarium. I feel like maybe I could try Amano Shrimp because they are bigger.
That will work!

New Threads