Best Way To Use Cucumber In Fish Tank?

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I believe zucchini (squash) has more nutrition than cucumber, if that matters for your purposes.

I sink pieces with a metal plant anchor or clip them to a wall with a magnetic veggie clip.

I do remove the seeds as no one eats them and they can get everywhere and gunk up the tank. If you cut and halve the veggie lengthwise you can scoop the seeds out of the middle channel like a canoe (instead of slicing it into coins). My otos prefer zucchini blanched; I use a microwave. My shrimp eat it either way.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I buy bags of frozen zucchini pieces that way all you have to do is put a few pieces in a cup and run it under hot water till it sinks in the cup then cool it off with cold water and drop it in the tank sinks every time. My plecos ramshorns and all my other inhabitants love em.

OP
M

Mick2409

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I buy bags of frozen zucchini pieces that way all you have to do is put a few pieces in a cup and run it under hot water till it sinks in the cup then cool it off with cold water and drop it in the tank sinks every time. My plecos ramshorns and all my other inhabitants love em.
Thanks alot for reply I try both

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.3%

Top Bottom