Best Way To Lower Ph In Tank Water? Question

Discussion in 'pH' started by Aqua Fan, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Aqua FanNew MemberMember

Hi. I was wanting to have a tank dedicated to different tetra and Otto’s but my PH is 7.8 and I read that tetra like PH 6.5 and Otto’s PH 7.0. Is there a cost effective way of me to lower my PH? Or will they be ok in this tank? All other water parameters are perfect and it is a 70 litre tank.

Many thanks

2. grump299Valued MemberMember

The tetras can get use to that ph I have them in 7.6ph and they are doing good I'm not sure about the otto the main thing is there are no to little fluctuations in the ph

3. appcontrolWell Known MemberMember

Almond leafs, wood and some substrates will and can lover your pH, don't use chemicals to lower it beacuose it is easy to crash your system. If you add leafs and wood you will be probably closer to 7ph and fish will be fine. Constant water parameters are best for fish.

4. Aqua FanNew MemberMember

Thanks appcontrol. I was thinking of getting some driftwood which I hope will help the PH. :)

5. Aqua FanNew MemberMember

Thanks again grump299 lol. I have heard Otto’s are difficult to adapt but once settled are quite hardy :)

6. appcontrolWell Known MemberMember

And it would be good for ottos you have some algae in new tank.. I hope it will

7. appcontrolWell Known MemberMember

Ottos are sensitive I had best luck with drip acclimation system on them I usually just acclimate for temparature. You need some algae get few smooth rocks get them in some water and leave light over them for 24-48 hours so they have some biofilm and algae on start. Second fungus that you get on new driftwood they love it. Don't feed them tablets and things like that just give them enough surfaces for grazing an I usually give them on one rock som repashy supergreen once a month.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice