Best way to get rid of snails?

goggles
when I had tiny snails in my tank I put two of these in there and they went to work at once, plus they are great to watch climbing about in the plants and stuff, they have funny little personalities.

ask91888
If you want to get rid of snails, the best way that I have found is to put in a piece of cut-up vegetable and get something (like a rock) to make sure it stays on the bottom. Wait a little while after it gets dark, and then there should be snails all over the veggie, so you can just pull it out and get rid of the snails. repeat that process until you are sure that all your snails are gone...hope that helps.

goggles
I no longer have the snails as the newts ate them all about a month ago, I just got the camera back so I thought I would post a pic.

lalynya
what will they eat now that all the snails have gone???

goggles
they eat the bloodworms that fall to the bottom of the tank, since they are a type of lizard they only eat about once a week though.

lalynya
oh that's cool..I like teh idea of newts but no more animals for me till I complete the projects I am already working on

goggles
hope you do get some they are great fun, also the ones that i've got have very bright orange bellies, I think they are called jap water dragons or something but I will find out for you.

lalynya
what are the lizard things from south america with the funny looking gills?

goggles
do they live in water or on land?

Butterfly
goggles
mine are called , chinese fired bellied newts.

seedy
what are the lizard things from south america with the funny looking gills?

Is this what your thinking of ?
If it is , Butterfly is correct . And they eat small snails .
Don't put them with fish because they eat them too .

COBettaCouple
I'd love to get a pair of those one day.. very interesting & cool.

lalynya
Yup those are what I mean...Newts can go in with fish though???

goggles
Yup those are what I mean...Newts can go in with fish though???

yep my newts can they don't get big and they are social,they should be kept in at least 2.
I have a floating platform for them to sit on if they feel like leaving the water but make sure there is no gaps in the lid of the tank as they are very very good climbers and you may find one running across your floor one day.lol

lalynya
Or the cats would and that's no good

goggles
here you are, not my pic but this is the breed I have.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishDin
  • Annahhayy
  • Snails
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views
Junne