Best way to attach drift wood to glass?

Nlandry

I am wanting to mount 2 pieces of drift wood to the sidewall of my tank and am wondering the best way to do it. The wood is not super heavy amazon/mopani drift wood. I was thinking of drilling divets in the flat spots on the wood (shown in photo) and attaching suction cups(magnets?) In the hole with aquarium safe silicone/epoxy.

Thoughts, Ideas, and general McGyver esque tips are appriciated.. Just want a way to make this work
You must be registered to see images
You must be registered to see images

PAcanis

I was use the silicon as the binder by itself. It will scrape off of everything if you do not like it after a while. Especially the glass.
You will probably have to rig up some kind of deadfall/jig and lay the aquarium on the side you want to mount the wood to until the silicon cures.

Way better than suction cups and will look better, too. No reflection from the gap created by using suction cups.

Nlandry

Thank you for the idea but unfortunately the tank is currently stocked and full of water, thus the need for a less fully mounted instal

FishDin

If you use magnets, you can buy some with screw holes in them. Then instead of relying on silicone to hold it to the wood you can use a stainless steel screw. Also, I would use neodymium magnets as they are much stronger. You can also get them rubber / plastic coated for wet environments.

I use kjmagnetics.com. They will advise you if you tell them what you are trying to do.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
trevorspencer94
Replies
Views
Waterhobit
Replies
Views
Ziggi
Replies
Views