Best Veggie Based Food?

Colleen B

Feeding a 4-5inch severum. He was on Marineland cichlid pellets but naturally I dropped that can behind my tank and it spilled everywhere so....I'm in the market for new food. I want a veggie-rich food so he has a mixed diet. What's your favorite? Pellets? Gel food? Never tried gel but open to it.

He also gets frozen krill and bloodworms, lettuce, and tetra flakes.

Discus-Tang

HikarI algae wafers or that repashy stuff. It's sort of annoying because they all contain starchy fillers :yuck:

A201

I use Omega One Super color Veggie Kelp Pellets (small grain) and Omega One Cichlid Flakes. They do well for my African cichlids, who need more of a veggie diet.

Colleen B

I use Omega One Super color Veggie Kelp Pellets (small grain) and Omega One Cichlid Flakes. They do well for my African cichlids, who need more of a veggie diet.
How small are the small pellets? He's on a pellet now just a little smaller than a pea.

A201

It would take about 10 Omega One small grain pellets to equal the size of one pea. All my fish, big & small aggressively eat them. The pellets slow sink, so the bottom feeders get their share too.

Colleen B

It would take about 10 Omega One small grain pellets to equal the size of one pea. All my fish, big & small aggressively eat them. The pellets slow sink, so the bottom feeders get their share too.
Do you soak them first or feed them dry?

A201

No need to soak them, just feed them dry.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishfriendkeeper
Replies
Views
Wystearya
Replies
Views
YellowFish13
Replies
Views