Best unique compatible fish with 4 dojos in 75

MonumentalMurderBean

Im moving my 4 dojo loaches (including my 11inch lady) into a 75 gallon tank soon.
Their current tank is a 55 with:
3 glass cats (i intend to up their numbers, theyre the last left)
A mated pair of Kribensis
2 zebra loaches
1 yoyo loach
7 khulis
4 (3 subadult) dojos
An old rainbow shark
A clown pleco
2 bamboo shrimp

Im looking for a centerpeice fish that will stay up off the bottom (already plenty going on down there) and perferrably adds a strong dash of much needed color. Id like to stay away from any overly delicate fish for fear my loach may be a bit too social with them, same with small fish. Im looking for a mid to mid-large size fish that can handle loaches being... loaches.
Water quality:
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
0.2 nitrates
Ph 6.5
Gradient of 72° to 75°F (to appease the cool water for the loaches, heater is on one side of tank)
Heavily live planted with driftwood and smooth rocks and caves. Sand substrate for safe burrowing, floating plants and tight lid.

SamMe

Im moving my 4 dojo loaches (including my 11inch lady) into a 75 gallon tank soon.
Their current tank is a 55 with:
3 glass cats (i intend to up their numbers, theyre the last left)
A mated pair of Kribensis
2 zebra loaches
1 yoyo loach
7 khulis
4 (3 subadult) dojos
An old rainbow shark
A clown pleco
2 bamboo shrimp

Im looking for a centerpeice fish that will stay up off the bottom (already plenty going on down there) and perferrably adds a strong dash of much needed color. Id like to stay away from any overly delicate fish for fear my loach may be a bit too social with them, same with small fish. Im looking for a mid to mid-large size fish that can handle loaches being... loaches.
Water quality:
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
0.2 nitrates
Ph 6.5
Gradient of 72° to 75°F (to appease the cool water for the loaches, heater is on one side of tank)
Heavily live planted with driftwood and smooth rocks and caves. Sand substrate for safe burrowing, floating plants and tight lid.
Love loaches, any pics?

Upvote 0

MonumentalMurderBean

I'd get a big angel fish or two
Ive thought about angelfish, but a friend of mine had her pair kill everything in her tank, then one killed the other... Im so scared to try!!!

Upvote 0

SamMe

Idk, if you like goldfish, but water temps for them are compatible. I had a fantail that got about 6-8 inches included fins and it was beautiful.

That's assuming your loaches are large enough not to fit in it's mouth.

Upvote 0

Patman0519

Ive thought about angelfish, but a friend of mine had her pair kill everything in her tank, then one killed the other... Im so scared to try!!!
Eek haha, I had two very pleasant Angel's who unfortunately died of ich.
Never hurt anything in the tank..odd

Upvote 0

MonumentalMurderBean

Idk, if you like goldfish, but water temps for them are compatible. I had a fantail that got about 6-8 inches included fins and it was beautiful.

That's assuming your loaches are large enough not to fit in it's mouth.
I have 2 rescue goldfish, but they have their own setup, theyre actually getting the 55gal im moving my community out of
Eek haha, I had two very pleasant Angel's who unfortunately died of ich.
Never hurt anything in the tank..odd
Im mostly worried because i have two very small baby dojos, who cant take alot of punishment if said angelfiah dont like being bothered. I was maybe thinking about an elephant nose fish
Because of how unique they are and the similar water requirements...
Love loaches, any pics?
This is my biggest one, shes 11 inches long... going for the world record!! I also have a 7 inch albino and two wildtype babies

Attachments

• 16207432212136363588476177445485.jpg
    16207432212136363588476177445485.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0

SamMe

I have 2 rescue goldfish, but they have their own setup, theyre actually getting the 55gal im moving my community out of

Im mostly worried because i have two very small baby dojos, who cant take alot of punishment if said angelfiah dont like being bothered. I was maybe thinking about an elephant nose fish
Because of how unique they are and the similar water requirements...

This is my biggest one, shes 11 inches long... going for the world record!! I also have a 7 inch albino and two wildtype babies
She's a beauty and obviously healthy and happy!

Upvote 0

MonumentalMurderBean

She's a beauty and obviously healthy and happy!
Thats my goal! This whole community tank ive built is built around my big loach, including the other loaches (they are hers, not mine lol) Zira's been quite the learning experience on keeping these guys happy :D
I keep my dojos with goldfish and white clouds. Gold barbs might be another choice.
Im actually considering an Elephant Nose Fish, not really colorful and def a bottom swimmer but 100% the perfect oddball to add to my oddball community!

Upvote 0

New Loach Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom