Best type of filter for a 75-100l/20-26 us gallon tank

• Thread starter Lilthuglet
  • Start date

Lilthuglet

I'm currently looking at options to upgrade and wondered what people would recommend. My 30L planted tanks currently have internal canister filters and an air stone, but for a larger tank what would people recommend?

Internal cannister e.g.
cannister.png

Sponge e.g.
sponge.jpg

or hang on the back e.g.
hangjpg.jpg

And following on from that does anyone have any favourite filters or filter types within that? Like waterfall type hang on the back vs the spray ones etc.

The little canisters I have will be going in the bigger tanks too at least initially.

AcornTheBetta

Well Known
Lilthuglet said:
I'm currently looking at options to upgrade and wondered what people would recommend. My 30L planted tanks currently have internal canister filters and an air stone, but for a larger tank what would people recommend?

Internal cannister e.g.
cannister.png

Sponge e.g.
sponge.jpg

or hang on the back e.g.
hangjpg.jpg

And following on from that does anyone have any favourite filters or filter types within that? Like waterfall type hang on the back vs the spray ones etc.

The little canisters I have will be going in the bigger tanks too at least initially.
Maybe something like by sicce? They are a tad expensive, but incredibly high quality!

JayAlva

It depends on your preference really on my big tank I'm running 2 aquaclear 110s because of the location of the tank a cannister wouldn't fit in the space without being an eye sore. On my 26 Gallon bow front I have a fluval 207 and a sponge.
Look at your setup and think about if the filter of the size you need will fit. After you determine the type of filter narrow down brands.

Top Bottom