Best type of bottom feeder

randomosity8
Hello, I was wondering what other choices of good bottom feeders there were available. I have tried plecos and corycats before. I have had a few plecos but they don't seem to stay alive for me and corycats are rather expensive at my LFS. I was just wondering what other types of bottom feeders there were that may be a little cheaper.

Advertisement
bassbonediva
What size tank is this for? If this is for the 38gal listed in your aquarium info, maybe try some yoyo loaches? I just got four for my 46gal bowfront tank that has seven tiger barbs and they are adorable little things.

Advertisement
randomosity8
Oh yeah, sorry I hadn't put much info in there! XD

Yeah, its a 38 gallon which currently houses 5 tiger barbs, 5 female cherry barbs and 3 male cherry barbs. I've thought about loaches, are they pretty hardy though?

Sharkdude
Yeah loaches are pretty hardy. I recommend Angelicus, Sumo, red tail or twelve bar. For cats you coy get some bumblebee cats, oil cats, a school of shadow cats or a Raphael.

randomosity8
If I got some loaches, how many could I get that would be happy in a group and wouldn't overcrowd my tank?
I wanna make sure they're happy, but I also know loaches grow pretty big. Well, I know clown loaches do.

Sharkdude
Angelicus need 3+, khulis need 6+, others I'm not to sure about.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
FullyCaffeinated
Replies
Views
Giul
Replies
Views