Best to worst aquarium YouTube channels?!! Question 

BaneAquatics

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
A Gamers Wife, Rachel O Leary, Aquarium Co-Op (specifically the wild collecting and Deans breeding tours), AquaPros, Bentley Pascoe, Dans Fish, Flip Aquatics & a few others I've forgotten are my favorites. I could watch Rachel's stuff for hours.

I'm not gonna bash any YouTuber, everyone have positives and negatives, and even if their in it for clicks, at least they're bringing visibility to the hobby

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No one likes Creative Pet Keeping or Life with Pets? I think they are both very good, but my favorite is Simply Betta.

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
wrs2 said:
No one likes Creative Pet Keeping or Life with Pets? I think they are both very good, but my favorite is Simply Betta.
I am legit watching simply betta rn. ****. I think ik life with pets but I'm not sure.

BaneAquatics said:
A Gamers Wife, Rachel O Leary, Aquarium Co-Op (specifically the wild collecting and Deans breeding tours), AquaPros, Bentley Pascoe, Dans Fish, Flip Aquatics & a few others I've forgotten are my favorites. I could watch Rachel's stuff for hours.

I'm not gonna bash any YouTuber, everyone have positives and negatives, and even if their in it for clicks, at least they're bringing visibility to the hobby
True. True. But like it's still okay to once in a while shine light on youtubers that may not exactly be giving out the most accurate info to their viewers. :/

Elkwatcher said:
Bentley Pascoe
Swiskey
McMerwe
A Gamers Wife
Aquapros

My favourites.
I like swiskey too. I don't know mcmerwe tho. I'll def be checking that out. ;0

Blondeath

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Aquarium Co-Op, Life with Pets, Primetime Aquatics, Simply Betta, Rachel O’Leary, Creative Pet Keeping and Solid Gold but she hardly uploads... also

im not a fan of gamers wife, dustins, aquapros.

I like king of diy his yelling isnt as horrible as dustins but hes just all over the place and it’s hard to focus on the info or whether he’s going to run into something or trip over himself!
Aquapros seems all about him self. He rarely responds to anyone on his videos and leaves a lot of info out imo.

super surprised no one has said anything about prime time aquatics !!!

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Along with many other peoples favs, also lile watching George Farmer and MD aquatics. They both pretty entertaining an relaxing to watch!

Some of the clickbaity channels (Paul,catchemall ect) I really wish they would just stop. I really cant stand much of their audience how they put the channel on a pedestal when they basically abusing animals for views. Doesn't sit well with me. refuse to watch videos that colab with channels thats negative to the hobby, since those peopledont need helping from the algorithm. :/

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like KG Tropicals and Aquarium Co-Op of course. I really like how they both use the "knock on your head" common sense approach to things, and acknowledge that not every hobbyist has a fish room and a quarantine tank and untold millions for equipment. I also like DWSDarius Fishtanks...not everything he does, but his delivery is good and he has some really nice tanks.
For some reason every time I do a youtube search for anything fish, Palmer Aquatics is in the top of the results, and I'm not a fan... at all. But I will refrain from bashing...

AcuarioAmazonico

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ahhh this is where I get all my info.

King of DIY is number one. Not that I’ll ever use his ideas but it’s riveting stuff to watch. It’s quite relaxing too.

I like aqua. co-op too, there ls a real non-judgemental approach (which I find rare in the hobby) to the way they provide information.

I am going against the grain here, but... I don’t like Paul C... I feel like his videos are more about the shares and likes and the fan base. Also this may be controversial but I can’t watch KG Tropicals. The content and agenda is on point but when they cut to her turn to talk, that voice travels right up my spine and I have to switch channels. Poor thing it’s not her fault, but that voice was not made for an audiovisual medium!

I would like Palmer more (he knows a lot and clearly loves his fish) if he would voiceover a video of fish footage rather than just straight talk to camera. A 15 minute video on the “beat reasons to own a blah blah” and not once do you see it... but I do like his laid back attitude.

That’s my rant :)

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Cory from Aquarium Co-op and Rachel O'leary are great for no nonsense advice.

Joey of King of DIY is boring. I liked his older material better, like the actual builds and DIY stuff.

Catchemall is the absolute worst, but honestly not surprised he has so many subscribers.

lilirose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm surprised only one other person has mentioned George Farmer. I also like shrimp-focused channels like Marks Shrimp Tanks (the Scottish Mark, not the English one) and Simply Shrimps. I also watch Simply Betta. I used to watch a lot more but I have unsubscribed to many of them due to lack of time.

I love to watch Foo the Flowerhorn's videos, but I have run across a lot of people in other corners of the Internet who try to follow his methods and end up failing dramatically- he makes filterless/Walstad tanks look effortless, but they are not. His editing is supreme, however.

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
lilirose said:
I'm surprised only one other person has mentioned George Farmer. I also like shrimp-focused channels like Marks Shrimp Tanks (the Scottish Mark, not the English one) and Simply Shrimps. I also watch Simply Betta. I used to watch a lot more but I have unsubscribed to many of them due to lack of time.

I love to watch Foo the Flowerhorn's videos, but I have run across a lot of people in other corners of the Internet who try to follow his methods and end up failing dramatically- he makes filterless/Walstad tanks look effortless, but they are not. His editing is supreme, however.
I like George Farmer too but only usually watch him when I'm looking for some ideas on aquascaping. Haven't heard of Mark's shrimp tanks but I'll check him out. I used to like finatic but not really anymore. I just learnt of one named planet fishnets. She's one of the younger people in the hobby on youtube since most of the youtubers are grown adults.

Blondeath

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Also I can’t believe I forgot to post her in my favorites but SteffJ. She really is amazing. Down to Earth and truly loves her animals and helping others give animals the best.

katiec47

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey everyone, sorry I'm a little late to this but my favourites are definitely Rachael O'leary, Foo the Flowerhorn and Coralfish12g. I actually started my own youtube channel lately. I only have 2 videos but I'm really enjoying making them so far! If you could check them out I'd be grateful :)

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
katiec47 said:
Hey everyone, sorry I'm a little late to this but my favourites are definitely Rachael O'leary, Foo the Flowerhorn and Coralfish12g. I actually started my own youtube channel lately. I only have 2 videos but I'm really enjoying making them so far! If you could check them out I'd be grateful :)
Nice videos :D
Make sure you leave a link back to Fishlore, it's only fair ;)

katiec47

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Nice videos :D
Make sure you leave a link back to Fishlore, it's only fair ;)
haha! I'll make sure the next upload has many links back here ;) thanks! I noticed you subscribed too, thank you so much! its greatly appreciated!

MacZ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Number one is Rachel, no question to me. Also Aquarium Co-op, Deans Fishroom, Swhiskey, Tank Tested, George Farmer, LRB Aquatics, SerpaDesign (I know, not only fish) and Ohio Fish Rescue. Oh, and Prime Time Aquatics.

Then there ist some controversy: Dustin I can totally respect for his knowledge, Joey, too. And I like them both as people. But... problem with the former: He seems to live right next to an international airport. He speaks so. darn. loud! Joey on the other hand... I am glad he stands up to his mistakes and shows every mishap (or most of them), otherwise I'd question his intentions.

Speaking of which, my total no-go: Taylor N. ... I don't even have to spell it out I guess. She's a tragic person I suppose, but when this is at the expense of the animals, there's a line. Paul C. is also a danger to animals in general, not just fish.

Quick question: I've lately found some aquarium videos from India. Anybody seen those? I barely speak any Hindi beyond food items, but they are kinda entertaining in the the way they present them. :D

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
katiec47 said:
I enjoyed the video, but I hope you don't mind one small suggestion. I read fast, but much of the text came and went too fast for me. In the future you might want to consider leaving it longer.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom