Question Best to worst aquarium YouTube channels?!!

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting this thread just to get an insight on the youtube part of keeping fish. By best I mean the ones you believe properly inform the viewers of their videos and by worst I mean those that are in the hobby just as a way to get a bigger follow group. To me I feel like some of the best would be king of diy and aquarium co-OP. No beef to this one channel but I'm just not a fan of barbs buzzin. You're free to share your opinions and add to the least.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I also like king of diy and aquarium coop but the one that got me into plants is Dustins Fishtank’s although his yelling can sometimes be annoying his knowledge of a planted tank is the best I’ve seen IMO

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I like Rachel O'Leary, Foo the Flowerhorn and Aquarium Co-op. I don't like Paul Cuffaro, catch em all fishing and rawwfishing.

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I also like king of diy and aquarium coop but the one that got me into plants is Dustins Fishtank’s although his yelling can sometimes be annoying his knowledge of a planted tank is the best I’ve seen IMO
Dustin's fishtank's is also really cool. But I only watch him when I need specific advice on stuff not during my free time.

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like Rachel O'Leary, Foo the Flowerhorn and Aquarium Co-op. I don't like Paul Cuffaro, catch em all fishing and rawwfishing.
I also like Rachel. She's one of those youtubers where you can truly see her passion for the aquarium hobby. I LOVE foo the flower horn and his tank series. I've been following the sparkling gourami one and the other one where he grows different veggies in the tank like potatoes. I kinda like Paul even tho he kinda does to much at times. I don't like catch em all nor raw fishing tho cuz they both behave like children and I believe they're just in it for the fame.

eirynne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CoralFish12g is cool :) I like how he has funny videos but also does serious videos about the proper way to care for the fish/animals he has.

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CoralFish12g is cool :) I like how he has funny videos but also does serious videos about the proper way to care for the fish/animals he has.
I used to like Coralfish12g more but now it seems like he's doing it more for the fame... but he's still better than some aquarium YouTubers.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
IMO TKD (the kind of diy), masteraquatics (he may have quit YT, he hasn’t uploaded in a while but he was a pretty informed fish keeper, his tanks were a bit overstocked but I liked him), and Paul caffaro. Now that last one I know he has some beef and people don’t agree with what he gets and I can agree with what most of them say. A lot of what he does is questionable but I still watch him every now and again because not everything he does is bad, your free to you own opinions though. Those are the main ones I watch but I also watch aquarium co-op, solid gold aquatics, and others.

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I used to like Coralfish12g more but now it seems like he's doing it more for the fame... but he's still better than some aquarium YouTubers.
Truee. I still like his funny side tho. With all the memes. *Acclamation*

IMO TKD (the kind of diy), masteraquatics (he may have quit YT, he hasn’t uploaded in a while but he was a pretty informed fish keeper, his tanks were a bit overstocked but I liked him), and Paul caffaro. Now that last one I know he has some beef and people don’t agree with what he gets and I can agree with what most of them say. A lot of what he does is questionable but I still watch him every now and again because not everything he does is bad, your free to you own opinions though. Those are the main ones I watch but I also watch aquarium co-op, solid gold aquatics, and others.
Yeah. People think he's really bad but he actually takes good care of his animals tho. I mean sometimes he does start heading in the wrong direction but he's usually okay. Still you may think otherwise and that's okay. The channel I still believe my opinion can't change on is barbs buzzin. They usually impulse buy a lot of times without prior research. Which is why they also get rid of a lot of their fish.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aquarium Co-op is first for sure.
Rachel O leary is close second.
Swishkey is another good yter
Palmers aquatics is also good because he gives good info on species but his camera quality could be better.
Aquapros is good
KG tropicals
King of DIY

Paul Cuffaro is no-no. Buying a 10 gal, setting it up and putting a goldie in it the same day is just not acceptable for me.
Also he has what? 8 blood parrots in a 40 gal coffe table? Plus red tail cats that can grow to 3ft long in a 160.

I don't like the channels where they name the yt video "OMG I GOT WHAT???(A GOLDFISH IN A 10 GAL) or similar kind of videos.

Darknightdreamer

Reaction score
I absolutely love Ohio Fish rescue. That man is living my dream. 88,000 gallons of water in his house... I also love aquarium co-op. I love the guy they have featured on there, Dean as well. I love Rachel O'Leary too. I know some people don't care for him, but I love joey the king of DIY as well.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I enjoy Dan Hiteshew, he's not perfect and maybe tries thing that a lot wouldn't advise but he's interesting and probably the person who got me into Gourami.

Dan12boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Aquarium Co-op is first for sure.
Rachel O leary is close second.
Swishkey is another good yter
Palmers aquatics is also good because he gives good info on species but his camera quality could be better.
Aquapros is good
KG tropicals
King of DIY

Paul Cuffaro is no-no. Buying a 10 gal, setting it up and putting a goldie in it the same day is just not acceptable for me.
Also he has what? 8 blood parrots in a 40 gal coffe table? Plus red tail cats that can grow to 3ft long in a 160.

I don't like the channels where they name the yt video "OMG I GOT WHAT???(A GOLDFISH IN A 10 GAL) or similar kind of videos.
Truee. He does a lot of things wrong so I wouldn't place him anywhere near one of the best but he's not exactly the worst when compared to some others. He could do a much better job when it comes to research about the animals. Cuz it's not only the fish. I remember how he got a pair of swans and one died cuz he didn't do proper prior research.

I absolutely love Ohio Fish rescue. That man is living my dream. 88,000 gallons of water in his house... I also love aquarium co-op. I love the guy they have featured on there, Dean as well. I love Rachel O'Leary too. I know some people don't care for him, but I love joey the king of DIY as well.
The guy from Ohio fish rescue is living every fishkeeper's dream. Lol. He has a pool turned pond INSIDE his house. He's so lucky. I feel like a lot of people actually know Joey though cuz in the past he has done sooo many projects that would help any hobbyist save a couple bucks when working on a project.

I enjoy Dan Hiteshew, he's not perfect and maybe tries thing that a lot wouldn't advise but he's interesting and probably the person who got me into Gourami.
Never heard of him. I'll have to check him out. Also guys you can shout out any other youtubers that aren't so popular but do a good job on informing those who want to join the community or just anyone watching their content in general. I kinda like Blake's exotic animal ranch too. Even though his content isn't focused on the aquarium hobby. Although he isn't the best at doing research about fish he gets either like the dolphin fish he got one time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom