"best" Temperature

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by Brannor, Apr 23, 2018.

1. BrannorValued MemberMember

I have a 55G tank.
    Planted.
    Stock: (temperatures in Celcius)
      (17-28)
      (21-26)
      (22-27)
      (18-26)
    (  to come) (21-26)

Given the above. Was I correct to drop my heaters from 26 to 24 to be safe?

They haven't died, but I just want to make sure that setting the temperature in the middle is better than warmer water near their 'maximum'.

2. jess3434Valued MemberMember

I think that you are correct. Looks good to me at 24 to 26,just be certain that the temperature won't fluctuate.

3. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

If you want, a circulation fan would also help to circulate the heat around in a tank of that size as well...or an airstone by the heater etc.

4. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

That’s a new one. I’ve only ever heard of a fan cooling water off.

5. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

6. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

That’s what I was wondering.

7. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

A small clip on fam blowing ober the top of an opem tank will lower the temperature

8. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Naw, circ. fans circulate heat and ferts. and cause lower water level water agitation.

9. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

Well i just learned something. Lol. If it oscillates its a wave maker if it doesn't its called a circulation fan. Who knew.

10. BrannorValued MemberMember

The issue isn't about how to cool or heat the water (yet to go through summer heat), but rather that I've picked a good temperature in the middle-range for the fish I have or will be adding. :)
    Though I have considered a circulation fan as a possible option to reduce the staghorn I'm finding.

11. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

yea around 24 is good. We tend to get side tracked at times. Lol

12. BrannorValued MemberMember

On the circulation... been watching the staghorn and it barelyg moves in the water... so what can I use to move the water around that doesn't involve impellers of doom for guppy fry?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice