Best Temp For Growing Plants

nickb2000

So I was wondering what was the best temp to get the best plant growth? I habe java fern, anubias nana, rosette sword, rotala indica and rose NL moss. Also what did you guys run for temps with any of these plants but still had great plant growth?

-Mak-

Plants don't really care. I think anywhere from 60 to 85 is reasonable.

delete999

Those plants sound like plants that will grow in most common aquarium temperatures. I'd be more concerned about lighting.

smee82

Lighting, substrate, fertilizer and co2 are more important then temp. Also how hard or soft your water is for some plants

nickb2000

I have everything settled, but I do have very hard water, gonna get a ro system soon. But my question was that do any of my plants benefit or will have increased growth from a specific temp?

Jocelyn Adelman

Not really.... there are a few that prefer colder water (anacharis, hornwort) but they can usually adapt to warmer temps. Issue is more with warmer water.. above 82 many plants don't do as well....

Temps would be based more on your livestock then the plants.

I wouldn't do an ro unit for plants, if you need it for your livestock fine, otherwise not necessary. RO water needs to be remineralized to add back in the nutrients you are removing (seachem replenish, alkaline buffer, etc)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
VeiltailKing
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
Vishaquatics
Replies
Views