Best Tank Recommendations under 40G? Rimless? Good for a Starter?

Bleu

I'm looking for a rimless tank, to be honest, I'm trying to keep it under $850. My sister likes rimless, but she hates the cubes, and doesn't like anything with a black background for some reason.

So far, I've found Innovative Marine Lagoon 25, but it has a black background, which she doesn't like.

Waterbox, but it's a cube, she hates the cubes.

Evo 13.g She didn't like the look of. I don't mind Evo either, but seems way too small, because I want something more than just 2 clowns, and a goby.

Personally, I am open minded to black background tanks (because the built in system & pump) so, I don't mind any recommendations.

Is there other tanks you guys recommend? In Canada? If you have a tank that's under 40 G, feel free to post your build/photo, I'm looking for ideas!

Candace

This is a good brand,28 gallon rimless, no black and not a cube:
Amazon.com : Landen 45P 9.6 Gallon Rimless Low Iron Aquarium Tank, 17.7" L × 10.6" W × 11.8" H (45cm x 27cm x 30cm) 5mm Thickness with Nano Foam Leveling Mat 111003 : Kitchen & Dining

In my experience the filters found in most aquarium kits are over rated or just plain ****, especially when sponge filters are so cheap and work amazingly. You just need the sponge and the air pump. They SEEM unsightly but it's easier to hide them with plants or décor than an over the back filter.

A good light that can sit on rimmed and rimless tanks (of this size) is a nicrew:

Amazon.com : NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts : Pet Supplies

The tank, filter(including the airpump), and light comes to about 442 in the Canadian dollar, leaving you with roughly 408 left for your substrate, decor and heater (if you need one).

I'm in the US so I don't know if these links will take you to a page you can buy from so just the brand names are Landon (for the tank) and Nicrew (for the light).

Bleu

Candace said:
This is a good brand,28 gallon rimless, no black and not a cube:
Amazon.com : Landen 45P 9.6 Gallon Rimless Low Iron Aquarium Tank, 17.7" L × 10.6" W × 11.8" H (45cm x 27cm x 30cm) 5mm Thickness with Nano Foam Leveling Mat 111003 : Kitchen & Dining

In my experience the filters found in most aquarium kits are over rated or just plain ****, especially when sponge filters are so cheap and work amazingly. You just need the sponge and the air pump. They SEEM unsightly but it's easier to hide them with plants or décor than an over the back filter.

A good light that can sit on rimmed and rimless tanks (of this size) is a nicrew:

Amazon.com : NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts : Pet Supplies

The tank, filter(including the airpump), and light comes to about 442 in the Canadian dollar, leaving you with roughly 408 left for your substrate, decor and heater (if you need one).

I'm in the US so I don't know if these links will take you to a page you can buy from so just the brand names are Landon (for the tank) and Nicrew (for the light).

Thank you! It didn't take me to the page but it took me somewhere else, and I found a decent tank that would be good for saltwater, I am thinking of!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom