Best Store Experiences

Pukkafish

Active Member
Member
Messages
341
Reaction score
120
Location
NE America
Experience
3 years
Since a lot of cool threads about best/worst store experiences are getting closed, here’s one for just best store experiences.
I’ll start

There’s a local family owned shop in my area known as Freind-Lee pets, which has an amazing fish department and actually a resident aquatic specialist that works there. They’re always delightful and take great care of their fish and informing heir customers of the requirements, and have a 270 (I think) gallon koI pond in the fish department which is home to some beautiful young koI and two adult common plecos, which are both very happy.
My favorite part is going to see their African butterfly fish. They haven’t sold him in the year he’s been there, so the just decided to keep him. He makes a lot of new customers think he’s dead when he naps. His name is squash, I think. Very pleasant people who take amazing care of their animals
 

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,496
Reaction score
4,121
My favorite experience was when I saw leopoldI angelfish, a fish that is rarely seen at the hobby, at my lfs!
 

RyanC14

Well Known
Member
Messages
688
Reaction score
495
Location
Minnesota
Experience
1 year
I don't have a specific experience that is better than others, but some stores I've had consistently good experiences at are Sea Level, A World of Fish, and the Petco in Hopkins. They're all in Minnesota btw.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
Pukkafish

Pukkafish

Active Member
Member
Messages
341
Reaction score
120
Location
NE America
Experience
3 years
Crispii said:
My favorite experience was when I saw leopoldI angelfish, a fish that is rarely seen at the hobby, at my lfs!
Leopoldis are beautiful! I wish I had been there to snatch them up lol
 

NC122606

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,136
Reaction score
1,910
Location
Ohio, USA
Experience
1 year
Pukkafish said:
Leopoldis are beautiful! I wish I had been there to snatch them up lol
Oh, this thread is back up again? Yippie.
Well, I want to my LFS and they have music playing in the background. They also have this bird, we look over and see this bird dancing to the song on the radio. It was so funny! It would have been better if they were playing "I like to move it".
 

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,496
Reaction score
4,121
Pukkafish said:
Leopoldis are beautiful! I wish I had been there to snatch them up lol
They really are beautiful! It's such a shame that many people don't considered this fish to be beautiful compared to their cousins.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
Pukkafish

Pukkafish

Active Member
Member
Messages
341
Reaction score
120
Location
NE America
Experience
3 years
Crispii said:
They really are beautiful! It's such a shame that many people don't considered this fish to be beautiful compared to their cousins.
The only ones in my area are striped and common/plain ones. Petsmart near me had a gold and blue one that was like 30$ cuz everyone wanted it lol.
 

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,496
Reaction score
4,121
Pukkafish said:
The only ones in my area are striped and common/plain ones. Petsmart near me had a gold and blue one that was like 30$ cuz everyone wanted it lol.
I'm hoping that the owner at my lfs will special order me some Rio Manacapuru angels.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9
OP
Pukkafish

Pukkafish

Active Member
Member
Messages
341
Reaction score
120
Location
NE America
Experience
3 years
Crispii said:
I'm hoping that the owner at my lfs will special order me some Rio Manacapuru angels.
Rio’s are absolutely gorgeous! My local lfs doesn’t usually do special orders like that, but they’re really good with their animals. I do hope you get them though!
 

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,496
Reaction score
4,121
Pukkafish said:
Rio’s are absolutely gorgeous! My local lfs doesn’t usually do special orders like that, but they’re really good with their animals. I do hope you get them though!
I was also surprised that my lfs has Santa Isabels. Not only that, but they're still there.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
Pukkafish

Pukkafish

Active Member
Member
Messages
341
Reaction score
120
Location
NE America
Experience
3 years
Crispii said:
I was also surprised that my lfs has Santa Isabels. Not only that, but they're still there.
There’s a much smaller store in my area that deals primarily holistic pet foods that had those! There’s four little ones, in a tank with a young pleco. They’re beautiful!
I don’t know what prices they are but they also have these massive black ones, bigger than my hands. At least 11 inches including dorsal fin. 55$ a pop, but beautiful fish
 

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,496
Reaction score
4,121
Pukkafish said:
There’s a much smaller store in my area that deals primarily holistic pet foods that had those! There’s four little ones, in a tank with a young pleco. They’re beautiful!
I don’t know what prices they are but they also have these massive black ones, bigger than my hands. At least 11 inches including dorsal fin. 55$ a pop, but beautiful fish
$55 for Santa Isabels?!
 

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
247
Guests online
3,249
Total visitors
3,496

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom